Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wedding Rings

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any sites where you can "try on" wedding rings at home before purchasing them. I stumbled upon a website a while back where you could order a couple CZ versions of their diamond wedding rings to try at home but can't seem to remember the name of it. You would pick a few versions and they would mail you samples and then you mailed them back.

Thanks!

Re: Wedding Rings

• Options
    I am not sure about websites that do that, but I've gone to several jewelers and they let you try their rings.
  • Options
    Why don't you just go to some local jewelers and try on rings? Sounds like that would be a lot less hassle then ordering fake rings, waiting for them to be delivered, try them on, and then ship them back.

• Options
    Thanks guys. I will go to a few local jewelers as well, but I do want to eventually keep one as a "travel" set when I go to foreign countries, etc so I thought it might be an interesting thing to do in addition. (My line of work takes me to some rougher areas). It's just bugging me I can't remember the website.
  • Options
    I don't get the point of the travel set.  So since you go to rougher areas you think it would be a good idea to wear a fake ring set?  Um, the muggers and robbers don't know it is fake so by wearing it you are still be setting yourself up to be robbed and maybe even hurt.  How about when you are sent somewhere for work that is a bit "rougher" you just leave the rings at home and not wear a fake set.

• Options
    My mom does missions work overseas and doesn't want to wear her wedding ring to those places for lots of reasons - she went to Target and bought a plain stainless steel band for $20 or so to wear.  She's gone for 3-4 weeks at a time and wanted something there.

If you're concerned about safety with a nice diamond ring, people that would try to steal/whatever the diamond probably won't look close enough to see that you're wearing a CZ before trying to steal/whatever.  I understand wanting to have something there - but might suggest looking at something simple and plan and cheap to avoid whatever safety risks you think you might encounter.
  • Options
    I never get the travel set either unless you're going somewhere really off the beaten path. For the most part, you're as likely to mugged abroad as you are in a major US urban area. 

If you really want a travel set, I agree that you should just run to Target or Walmart or whatever and buy whatever $20 band they are selling. I don't see the point in having a nicer set that you're worried might get stolen anyway. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards