May 2014 Weddings

Not sure if this is a dumb question...

Are you sending out Save The Dates to your bridal party? I am planning on it. And already have them addressed and stamped. But today I had lunch with my future sister-in-law and she made a comment about how stupid it was to send them out to the bridal party because "duh, obviously the date is saved!" Wouldn't it be a good keep sake for them? Or is it a waste of money? She didn't want to hear my argument.

Just wondering what your thoughts are! :)

Re: Not sure if this is a dumb question...

• Yes, I think you should send them to your bridal party.  I did.....I kinda follow the "rule" that if they get a STD they get an invite to the wedding - would you not send a wedding invitation to them either?  Yes, if they are in your bridal party it's kind of a no-brainer that they will be at your wedding (uh, they kinda have to be lol) but a little reminder never hurt anyone.  I know even when I've tried to plan a dinner party with friends someone always is like "oh I know I said yes but this came up", and I'm just like "really? we planned this a month ago? you didn't mark it on your calendar and make sure not to plan anything?"  And I agree that keep sakes are nice (although I'm sure not many guys will keep them lol); I've saved the wedding invites from all of my friends' weddings in a photo album with the pictures I took form them.
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We weren't finished asking our bridal party before we sent out our STDs but even if we had I would have sent it anyway.  I didn't want them to be like WTF lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I definitely sent them to our bridal party. 

@ArtTeacher23 - I thought the same thing about the guys. We sent out magnets as our STD's and FI's BM has it on his refrigerator. I thought that was cute.
  • I definitely sent them to our bridal party. 

@ArtTeacher23 - I thought the same thing about the guys. We sent out magnets as our STD's and FI's BM has it on his refrigerator. I thought that was cute.
    I like to peek at peoples fridge to see if they have it up.  One of FI's friends and GM didn't have it on his fridge.  I say "Hey J where's your STD he goes I never got it"  Turns out FI had the address wrong.  We never got the STD back so FI wound up kinda inviting one of J's neighbors lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Absolutely send them! We plan to, even though we only have a MOH and a BM haha. Sometimes people get their days mixed up, or need a reminder, or as others have said, just want a keepsake!

They're still a guest and someone you care about, and I think they deserve everything all of your other guests get.

• Yes, I think PPs are right.  It's a good momento for your bridal party to have and if they're getting invites, they should get a save the date.  I was just wondering about this too, but I'm glad you asked and got answered.  Are you planning on sending them soon??
  • Ok, thanks everyone! Glad I'm not crazy for thinking this! Haha.

And @ohxhi yeah... I think within the next week or two I am going to send them out. Still working on addressing them all :)

• @tammym1001 - That's so sweet he had it!! Gives me hope for some of our guys lol!

@FutureMrsN3312 - That's too funny!!  I made sure FI double checked all of his co-workers address, especially since one lives in a basement apartment - that one made me nervous as I had to write "Basement" on their envelope to make sure it got to the right person!

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • @ArtTeacher23 Last time we were at J's apartment I said to FI let's go find the people we invited to the wedding.

Out of 100ish STDs we got one back (family had moved) and one to the wrong address.  Not too bad.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • If i were sending save the dates, I would definitely send to bridal party,parents, etc.  I think it is something they'd like to keep as a momento.  I am not doing save the dates to save some money.  We are having a small wedding and I have told most relatives and anyone that would need to travel the date. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards