Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Bridal Party Entrance

My Fiance and I are getting married next year and i have started to plan the particulars of our reception. I always like the idea of the entrance for the bridal party. Some people might think its tacky but i think its a nice way to show the people that mean the most to you how you appreciate them. Normally the bridesmaids hold up their flowers and form an arch with the groomsmen for the bride and the groom to walk under. I wanted to put a new spin on it and introduce something other then flowers to the arch. Any ideas?
I was thinking sparklers but since its inside I don't think that will go well with the catering hall.
Thanks!

Re: Bridal Party Entrance

• Options
    j.hlinka said:
    My Fiance and I are getting married next year and i have started to plan the particulars of our reception. I always like the idea of the entrance for the bridal party. Some people might think its tacky but i think its a nice way to show the people that mean the most to you how you appreciate them. Normally the bridesmaids hold up their flowers and form an arch with the groomsmen for the bride and the groom to walk under. I wanted to put a new spin on it and introduce something other then flowers to the arch. Any ideas? 

I was thinking sparklers but since its inside I don't think that will go well with the catering hall.
    Thanks!
    Sparklers + Alcohol + synthetic wedding fabrics always makes me think of:

What if you just picked some background music and announced that the WP was arriving? They all walk in together and then the B&G get announced/walk in. 

Honestly, elaborate/choreographed intros are my least favorite part of weddings (after the garter hunt/toss, of course). It's makes everyone stop their conversations to watch something they don't really care about. All they really care about is the B&G. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I think it's fun to do an entrance for the bridal party! Our wedding is next September, so we haven't quite planned it out yet. But we know we definitely want to do a song and introduce each "couple" separately, ending with the Best Man & Maid of Honor. I understand @southernbelle0915 's feelings about it, how most people only care about the Bride & Groom.. however, it IS important to show your appreciation to those who have helped you plan and do all these crazy things for just this ONE day.

If you want to stick with the arch.. that's a neat idea. I've never actually seen it done, I usually see them come in dancing to music. Sparklers would look so cool, but you're right, NOT for inside. Flowers would look pretty too. What about a chalkboard or printed signs if you don't want to get dirty.. with each one saying something like.. "Welcome Mr. & Mrs. (your new last name)" or.. "Let's get this party started!" I don't know what theme you have going or how many people are in the party, but that's all I can come up with right now =)
    The bolded is a the reason you give them a gift and why you asked them to be in your bridal party to begin with. These types of "performances" are awkward and annoying to your guests. You and your FI are supposed to plan your wedding, not your bridal party.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I don't view and entrance/introduction as a performance.  If I were asking my wedding party to do a special dance or something crazy...yes. But to come out to music and be introduced...far from a performance. 

I see no issue with it at all.  We're doing it and it will be over in a minute.  It's not going to bring the wedding to a screeching halt. 

I would stay away from sparklers...that could get a little dicey.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think this discussion was veering  off topic. I don't want my bridal party to  do a dance or something but i know first hand that they would be offended to not be introduced. Its part of the wedding experience for them. At least that is how i always felt when i was in a bridal party ( and i have been a bridesmaids a dozen times). I am looking more for suggestions on things for them to do instead of stand in a  line and make an arch ( which typically is done in the weddings that i have attended )  
  • Options
    I think it's fun to do an entrance for the bridal party! Our wedding is next September, so we haven't quite planned it out yet. But we know we definitely want to do a song and introduce each "couple" separately, ending with the Best Man & Maid of Honor. I understand @southernbelle0915 's feelings about it, how most people only care about the Bride & Groom.. however, it IS important to show your appreciation to those who have helped you plan and do all these crazy things for just this ONE day.

If you want to stick with the arch.. that's a neat idea. I've never actually seen it done, I usually see them come in dancing to music. Sparklers would look so cool, but you're right, NOT for inside. Flowers would look pretty too. What about a chalkboard or printed signs if you don't want to get dirty.. with each one saying something like.. "Welcome Mr. & Mrs. (your new last name)" or.. "Let's get this party started!" I don't know what theme you have going or how many people are in the party, but that's all I can come up with right now =)
    Cute thank you for the suggestion!
  • Options
    I like it when they are just announced, and stroll in however they please to a fun upbeat song, and the show moves on. 
  • Options

scribe95 said:
    I think introducing the bridal party is fine. I am not a fan of the arch thing (I have seen it done with baseball bats). Just simple introductions and they want to their seats is fine.
    I agree.  A basic introduction without cutesy gimmicks is appreciated the most.
  • Options
    PDKH said:
    I like it when they are just announced, and stroll in however they please to a fun upbeat song, and the show moves on. 
    This.

And I would not be offended if I was in a wedding and then was not introduced into the reception. Your guests do not care who is in your wedding party.  They only really care about you and your groom because that is what the whole point of the day is about.

• Options
    Jen4948 said:

scribe95 said:
    I think introducing the bridal party is fine. I am not a fan of the arch thing (I have seen it done with baseball bats). Just simple introductions and they want to their seats is fine.
    I agree.  A basic introduction without cutesy gimmicks is appreciated the most.
    Agreed.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We introduced our parents and bridal party.  They came in to whatever music and then stood at their seats.  Simple and easy.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for the great suggestions! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards