Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Wedding Planner/Coordinator for day of recommendations

Hi!  I am starting to get a little freaked out by the logistics of our wedding day (4 months away)!  We have a banquet and hall manager at our reception site, the Grand, but am not sure if we'll need additional help.  I have the majority of the details worked out but just concerned about setting up everything for the reception and ceremony and the logistics of it all flowing properly.  Thoughts on this?  Those that think it's not needed and all went well?  Or those that loved that they had a day of planner?  Or, those who wish they would have!?  Also, for those that did, who do you recommend in the Cincy/N.KY area and reasonably priced??

I've looked up a few and a lot do not have pricing on their websites.  I spoke to Blue Dahlia - Michelle.  Anyone have info on her, Event Elixir, Best Friend Errand, Celebrations to Talk about, Your wedding by Jen, Tres Chic Planning, Grand Expectations, Details by Dawn, Weddings Ulimited and Detailed Days Event planning?? 

Thank you!!

Re: Wedding Planner/Coordinator for day of recommendations

• Options
    Cincy Event Planning, they have 3 coordinators and they are all awesome. I've used them for several events with work and have gone to 2 weddings they have coordinated. Their pricing is very reasonable and fair. They hire several interns each year so when you get one main event coordinator they come with a team of several aspiring coordinators that are eager for direction to help. They are located at 915 Monmouth Street in Newport with a few other wedding vendors in a cute shop! 
  • Options
    Are these actual wedding planners or do they just set up your wedding the day of? Centerpieces and decorations?

I am a little concerned about this but its over a year away. The owner of my reception hall said they would set up and break down but Im nervous... will it be the exact vision I have or do they do everything their way?

Also, I heard I can go in a day early and set up if there isnt a wedding the night before which would be perfect! But doubtful since May is so popular.

Btw.. I went to a wedding at the Grand a year ago and it was GORGEOUS! Good pick! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for the info on Cincy Event Planning, I will call them!  I appreciate it!

ryanpaa10-I'm not sure yet as I have only called one.  I hope to learn more here when I start calling others on what all they do.  It seems like they typically customize to what the needs are and come up with a price from there.  I'll keep you posted!  Yes, I'm excited about the Grand!  Where are you having yours?  Good luck in planning! 

• Options
    We used Molly from Celebrations to talk about and were very pleased.  We used the day of, services.  She met with us before and asked us questions about stuff we never even considered.  She also came to the rehearsal two nights before to make sure she was on track with everything.
    I would use them again!
  • Options
    We used Sue Glew from Best Friend Errands, she was our DOC and her prices were $30/hr.  I met with her beforehand and she was amazing the day of.  It wouldn't be the same beautiful day without her.  We recommend her so highly.

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Erica (Burton) Unger has been a HUGE addition to my wedding planning.  Her rates are VERY realistic and she will do just about whatever you need/want!!  She just got married herself within the year, so she understands the craziness of wedding planning.  She has helped me from about halfway point of the engagement, but is also available for only day of coordinating, from day one of the engagement, or anything in between!  Email her for info ... She's great!!!

ericaaburton@gmail.com

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I used Allison Lyons of Heartistry. She does videography and event planning and many other things. She was a tremendous help on the day of. She set up and broke down my reception decorations (linens, centerpieces, candy buffet, etc.) and also helped out at the church before the ceremony and then met the vendors right before the reception started.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/heartistry/110868105611188
  • Options
    Check out Simply Events (http://www.simplyeventsllc.com) They offer unlimited wedding day management along with 3 wedding day coordinators and much more.

• Options
    Hello, my name is Norma. I'm from Trenton OH and am a certified bridal consultant. I have my own event coordinating business that I work out of my home. I stay very busy with brides from my church and local churches we are in contact with. I was on here looking they the items for sale for one of my brides and came across your post. I'm very reasonable and would love to talk to you if u are still interested. I also have lots of rentals. I offer "day of coordinating" and " full event coordinating" as we'll At a very reasonable price package . I also specialize in florals. My email is weddingsbynorma@hotmail.com
  • Options
    I also used Molly from Celebrations to Talk About for the day of planning. she was very good at taking in all of the details of what i wanted and making sure it happened, and she is affordable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards