May 2014 Weddings
Options

Where are you thinking about going on your honeymoon?

Fiancée and I decided we want to go somewhere in the Maldives for our honeymoon. We're just having problems finding a resort.

Have you made your decision yet?

Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Where are you thinking about going on your honeymoon?

• Options
    We're going to Greece and Italy, as my fiance has family in Europe. There are tons of reasonable packages out there, you just have to be willing to do a little research. I find Yelp!, and AirBnB useful whenever traveling. You could try to see if any of the hosts on AirBnB have property there. Or you could use a website like Priceline to compare different resorts based on what you are interested in doing, proximity to the airport, points of interest, etc.

Happy searching!
  • Options
    My fiance and I just booked our honeymoon in Jamaica at a Sandals resort. I highly recommend using a travel agent.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're really interested in Aruba. Haven't booked anything yet. Anyone have resort suggestions? All inclusive if possible.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

We're thinking about going to the Sandals in Antigua....actually going to meet with a travel agent next week to get some advice, see our options & price quotes.

@FutureMrsN3312 - I've been using this article I found to help with all inclusives for honeymoon planning: http://www.priceoftravel.com/2696/cheapest-caribbean-islands-and-destinations-for-all-inclusive-resorts/  The Aruba resort they show a pic of is Riu Palace Aruba Resort.

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks @ArtTeacher23

A friend recommended RIU but recent reviews haven't been good...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Tnt082013Tnt082013 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited July 2013
    We have not decided yet, but I work in the hotel industry and have been looking into options. 

stephmark2014 We have two properties in the Maldives and both are beautiful and have great reviews. The W Maldives and Sheraton Full Moon. 

We are thinking of Maldives, Hawaii, Costa Rica, or Italy. Too many options!!! :-) 
  • Options
    We are thinking Maldives or Bali, more than likely we will book through a travel agency.
  • Options
    Well it's confirmed: we just booked our honeymoon to Sandals in Antigua today!!
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We booked a European Cruise, and will be stopping in Paris before our cruise! 
  • Options
    JaunajJaunaj member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    We are thinking Mallorca in Spain. They are supposed to have great beaches.  Our only requirements are that we honeymoon in a place that neither of us has been to before and that has great beaches.
  • Options
    We are most likely going to be doing a 4 day Caribbean cruise. We don't have enough days to take off for something longer but we are hoping to go on something bigger for our 1 year anniversary :)
  • Options
    @artteacher23 I was JUST looking into that exact resort May 31-June 10! ...SO pretty! there are just too many gorgeous places in the world I cant pick!
  • Options
    @sarahmarie409 I know! We had a tough time picking a place to go, but after reading all the brochures, websites & reviews we decided on the Sandals Antigua.  The travel agent we worked with also said out of all the resorts and places she's been that place has the best white sandy & cleanest beaches & water....can't wait!!
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Hopefully a Mediterranean cruise!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @artteacher23 well we were thinking about going on a Mediterranean cruise for 2 weeks but then we figured half of what your paying for is the unlimited ship food... and who wants to eat that when you're going to be in places like Italy, Spain, and Greece right?? plus we both love our cocktails lol! sooo now I think we are leaning towards an all inclusive..maybe the Westin Playa Conchal in Costa Rica... has great reviews and looks beautiful...but who knows I have literally changed my mind about this like 10 times! Hope you have an amazing time though!
  • Options
    @sarahmarie409 lol yea, that's one of the reasons we went with an all inclusive - not having to worry about paying for drinks and food every day.  I know, we had a hard time picking one place too - they all look & sound so amazing!  But the way we picked Antigua was basically the different food/restaurant options offered and what excursions/activities were available.....once we knew what place had what it made it much easier to settle on one.
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We are choosing to put off our honeymoon until our little people are old enough to send to grandma and grandpas for the amount of time we would like to spend away. Right now they are three and four. 

Lissa 5.17.14

• Options
    We booked 10 days in Anguilla for our honeymoon. :)
  • Options
    We have talked about it a little bit. We both love to travel and want to go everywhere, so we decided that once we're a bit farther into planning and have an idea of what our honeymoon budget will be, we'll just pick somewhere that fits the budget, whether it's Australia or Colorado.
  • Options
    We are doing a 24-day Bavarian Eurotrip starting off on land in Geneva, Switzerland. We will be taking several tours from there, which include Chaominx and Mont Blanc, and Gruyeres, where the famous cheese is made! 

From Geneva, we're traveling to Zurich, Switzerland. While in Zurich, we will take several tours to Mount Pilatus, Rapperswil for a cheese & chocolate tour, Lucerene, and the Black Forest! 

Making our way to our river cruise, we will stop in Prague, Czech Republic for a full day of history and charm! 

Our river cruise, which will be on Avalon Waterways in the most romantic Panoramic Suite, will begin in Vienna, Austria. On this cruise along the Danube River, we will visit many small towns and cities like Durnstein, Melk, Grein, Linz, Passau, Salzburg, Munich, and Schwangau to visit the famous Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany.

Although river cruising can pricey, maybe you can go only for a week or so instead of a long trip but it will give you a trip of a lifetime!!

• Options
    We booked at Couples Barbados! So excited!

• Options
    We're going to the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Jamaica.  So excited!  

pumpkinsandturkeys, have you ever been to Couples before?  It was at the top of my list, but FI got the final choice on honeymoon and he picked Iberostar.   I'm already thinking of an anniversary trip to Sans Souci.  

Everyone's destinations sound so great :) 
  • Options
    @ohxhi I haven't been there before, but I've heard great things and it looks gorgeous. Plus, they have a special on for 2014 for Barbados and Jamaica where you can save $300 a night, I think... In any case, it reduced our total cost by $1500 - $2000! And I love that we could get an oceanview room without totally busting our budget.

• Options
    We talked about some of the Sandals and Couples resorts....but I think we are going to Hawaii.  I am super excited about this!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are going on an Alaskan cruise in June!!!  
  • Options
    We are leaning towards Croatia but we're not 1000% decided. 
  • Options
    Our first choice would be a London-and-Paris-via-the-Chunnel, but if that's too pricey, we're thinking of Washington D.C.

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Robert Fulghum<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards