Nevada-Las Vegas

Shows

Which Cirque show do you guys recommend? I'm thinking FI would be into Ka but not sure if there are others a guy's guy (lol) might be into? Also, he wants to see a comedy show....I have heard bad reviews about Criss Angel, which sucks, so any recommendations? And if anyone has seen Jabbawockeez, please give me your thoughts!!

Re: Shows

• I have seen mystere, O and Ka.  

Mystere is my favorite one out of the 3 no question.   O was great to watch...but there are just so many times you can watch people fall/dive into water.   Ka, i just couldn't get into.  visually awesome at times..but just couldn't get into it.   

Only comedy shows i've seen out there were Kevin James and Bill Engvall...they just happen to be touring when we were there.  I have heard bad things about Chris angel as well.   I hear that Penn & Teller put on a great show.  
  • otag said:
    I have seen mystere, O and Ka.  

Mystere is my favorite one out of the 3 no question.   O was great to watch...but there are just so many times you can watch people fall/dive into water.   Ka, i just couldn't get into.  visually awesome at times..but just couldn't get into it.   

Only comedy shows i've seen out there were Kevin James and Bill Engvall...they just happen to be touring when we were there.  I have heard bad things about Chris angel as well.   I hear that Penn & Teller put on a great show.  
    Man, I wish I could see Kevin James...LOVE him! Thanks Otag...Mystere has great reviews.
  • Zumanity could be fun for the two of you, it's fun show and he'll get to see some boobs lol.  You can even purchase a love seat for the show which is fun!  

If you guys like The Beatles or Michael Jackson, do one of those.  

I would agree with @otag, Ka was hard to get into.  There was a lot going on and I had a hard time trying to follow what the story was.  Mystere is also good, but the others offer a little more I feel like, O with the water, Zumanity with the sensual side of it and the music ones.  I haven't seen Zarakana or Chris Angel yet.
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • If your FI is a guy's guy, don't force him to sit through a cirque show, but instead, promise me you'll take him to see Absinthe at Caesars. :-)  It's like taking highlights of a Cirque show and mixing in a bunch of very offensive adult humor.  After seeing it I dislike Cirque shows even more lol.

Anthony Cools at Paris is pretty entertaining too, and nearly as offensive as Absinthe but not quite.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• @ktbabe530...who doesn't love boobs?! lol, I'll look into that one!

Lol VG....I promise :)

• We want to go to Love and Penn and Teller. After hearing what VG Has to say I want to see Absinthe too but I'm not sure we will have time for 3 shows.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We want to go to Love and Penn and Teller. After hearing what VG Has to say I want to see Absinthe too but I'm not sure we will have time for 3 shows.
    I've seen Love; you have to *really* enjoy the Beatles to enjoy that show.  My father in law fell asleep during the show, literally.

• We are going to see ABsinthe for my bachlorette party!  I am glad to hear the good review @vegasgroom !  Other shows I've seen included O and Zumanity.  I liked O best.
  • @vegasgroom seriously?? I'm a huge Beatles fan but my FI falls asleep during action movies. I might have to replace that on my list with Absinthe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

I've seen Love; you have to *really* enjoy the Beatles to enjoy that show.  My father in law fell asleep during the show, literally.

I feel asleep during Yellow Submarine so I'm definitely not doing Love lol
  • Hey,

I've seen O, Zarkana, Mystere, Ka, Love and Zumanity.  I liked Mystere the best and thought Love was a great time, but not what I expected (and paid for) in terms of Cirque shows.  I didn't like ZUmanity.  It was too much boobs.  Do something interesting already.  O was breathtaking at times, but I got bored of the dives after a while ... even dozed off a bit.  Zarkana is nothing to write home about.
  • My FI loved KA, I thought it was OK. We both enjoyed Zumanity, but Absinthe wasn't out yet and I've heard nothing but good things about that. For comedy FI saw Penn and Teller with friends and really liked it.
  • I've seen LOVE, Absinthe and MJ One.  Honestly, out of all of them, I enjoyed Absinthe the best.  However, it is not a show I would want to sit through with my mother or mother in law (adult humor focused on sex, which I don't find offensive, but I would worry that they do).  My husband has gone to Absinthe with a lot of his guy friends and they all loved it.  It was not that long, but very well done and hilarious.  I highly recommend it.  

As for the other shows, my husband loves the LOVE show - - he bought 30 tickets to it so he could take all of our extended family to it during our wedding weekend.  But, he's a big Beatles fan.  It's great if you love Beatles music or really enjoy Cirque acrobatic stuff (the auditorium is circular and there really isn't a bad seat in the house - - in fact, I think the higher up you are, the better).  Otherwise, I could see how you would lose interest.  

As for MJ One... well, I enjoyed it, but probably would not see it again.  I thought it was visually very cool (a guy moonwalks down the side of a wall, lots of people dangle over the audience, etc.)  I'm not a MJ fanatic, so I probably didn't appreciate a lot of the lesser known songs that they used.  One caveat - - it was LOUD.  My in laws thought it was TOO loud (I think there are speakers on all of the seat backs, so it blares at you).  They thought the loudness of the music took away from the show.  Didn't bother me, but I could see how someone who is sensitive to that would feel that way (it was freaking loud).   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KikiMiraKikiMira member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    We have seen a lot of shows. The cirques i have seen were (in order of favorite to least favorite): Mystere, KA, MJ one, Love, O, Zummanity, Chris angel (do not waste your money) and the Elvis one that is now closed.

We also saw Ray Romano, he was really funny. David Copperfield and Penn and teller are worth checking out as well. Peepshow wasn't terrible and Phantom of the opera (now closed) wasn't terrible. 

I feel like I might be missing a show or 2 in my list.... :/

Edited to add: Crazy horse at MGM, great show but they moved to an offsite location.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just saw Absinthe this weekend and we LOVED it!

A guy was handing out $20 off coupons for tickets in front of Caesars and we used them that night at the box office.
  • We've seen:
    Zumanity - good, but if you really want to see boobs, you can pay less to see more other places on the Strip ... both our  least fave Cirque of the 4 we've seen

Ka - My favorite. Yes, the storyline's a little bit convoluted, but I was so impressed with the moving stage and the people flying overhead and the giant hamster wheel and even an incredible shadow puppet show? This show has it all.

La Reve - the Husband's favorite. We were about 2/3 up and got an amazing view of everything. It has a bit of humor, but mostly it's just visually stunning. And lots of scantily clad women in swimsuits. No boobies, but not far off.

LOVE - We took a group on our wedding weekend. It's a good intro-level cirque, but not nearly as impressive as Ka or La Reve in terms of acrobatics. You have to at least be familiar with & enjoy Beatles music.

Penn & Teller - we both LOVED them ... engaging, hysterical, impressive.

David Copperfield - honestly, we both thought he was pretty lame. We figured out most of his tricks, and he seemed like kind of a smartass to the audience members that came up to help him.
  • lanamilo said:
    I just saw Absinthe this weekend and we LOVED it!

A guy was handing out $20 off coupons for tickets in front of Caesars and we used them that night at the box office.
    I completely forgot about mentioning that when I recommended it.

They are nearly always handing out coupons for it in the 4pm to 7pm time range; we stopped by there the night before we saw the show just to get the coupons then walked over to buy the tickets.

Second recommendation, stay very very far away from the outside bar near the Absinthe tent.  They use a computerized measured pouring system and charge $15 for completely weak shitty drinks. 

• A bottle of Corona was $7 too at that bar.  Stay away
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards