Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

George Street Photography and video

Hi guys, I booked George street photography and video the beginning of the summer and I've recently started hearing some really bad reviews. The knot seems to be the only place I heard good things. Did you use George street? How did your pictures turn out? I'm so nervous. I want our pictures to turn out great. If you don't want to post it on here, I'll give my email so we can talk. Thank you for your help!!

Re: George Street Photography and video

• I knew someone that used George Street and didn't have a good experience.  I would stay away from any chains and stick with independent photographers.  You can search your local board for recommendations or post a question with your budget and I'm sure the girls there will help you out.  Good luck!
  • I've only heard bad things. These big chain companies are all the same.
  • I used them for my first set of engagement photos. I had terrible luck. The company couldn't truly confirm that my engagement photographer would actually be my wedding photographer because they double booked my date for him. Then, I could only see like 20 of his photos. So he comes to the engagement session 30 minutes late and said that he couldn't find the place (we don't live in a very big town so when I gave him the address to the ONE AND ONLY museum, it shouldn't be a problem). Our photos were awful. I mean terrible. Bad lighting, bad posing, and at one point I sneezed and actually got a photo of that offered to me. He said it was funny. I hated the whole experience. Also, at the engagement session, he implied that because he was a contractor it was normal to tip him. So tacky.
    I called George Street and they said that they could get me a different photographer, but I couldn't meet with them and they wouldn't redo my engagement photos. I fired them and went with someone else and couldn't have been happier with my choice.
  • I nearly signed with them, but backed out at the last minute. Glad I did. I found out that the photographer had only been working for 1 month!! And I would not get even a name of my videographer. Why would I pay nearly $4,000 (after tax and trip charges) for an amateur photographer and unknown videographer???

Upon closer inspection, there are a great many very good photographers and videographers out there - nearly all of whom will work with you to fit your budget. And you will know their name, see as much of their work as you like, know their level of experience, and know EXACTLY who will be capturing the most important day of your life.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards