Wedding Reception Forum

Menu card for Buffet

Do you need to have a menu card for a buffet style reception? What about hor d'oeuvres. I haven't been to a wedding since I was a kid, and these weren't details I looked at so I don't remember.

Thanks

Re: Menu card for Buffet

• manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2013
    If you aren't having servers at each dish, it's nice to have a small card to say what everything is - at least for the entree's and appetizers. It may also help with food allergy scenarios. 

You could do a menu card at each place setting, or you could go the less expensive route and just put a small place card in front of each chaffing/serving dish on the buffet.
  • PDKH said:
    If you aren't having servers at each dish, it's nice to have a small card to say what everything is - at least for the entree's and appetizers. It may also help with food allergy scenarios. 

You could do a menu card at each place setting, or you could go the less expensive route and just put a small place card in front of each chaffing/serving dish on the buffet.
    I'd do this.  I like knowing what a dish is as I pass through the buffet line.  I don't want to have to remember from a menu card.
  • I think there are servers at each- I guess thats something I should discuss with the caterer.
  • I have never had a menu card at a wedding lol but if you were having a buffet I personally would love to know whats there before I head down the line so maybe a card at each place setting. Or you could skip it lol no harm no foul
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards