Snarky Brides
Options

Wednesday!

Hi ladies,

I made it to work, after some slight craziness in the snow. Had a scary moment when I stopped at a light and all the snow from the roof of my car slid onto my windshield. (I always clean it off, but couldn't today because the snow was SO wet and heavy!)

I have a couple of hours between clients this afternoon, so I'm going to try to watch some lectures and maybe get started on my paper that's due next week.

FI's working late tonight, so I'm on my own for dinner. Haven't really given it much thought, i'lll probably pick something up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Wednesday!

• Options
    Morning,
    I am so sorry about the snow, we got a little but it melted by the time I got to my car.
    That is scary though.

I started watching game of thrones again, started crying had to turn it off lol
    I am a baby.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    The snow here is so wet and heavy! FI made two snowmen last night when he took the dog out to play. He's a kid at heart.

Just booked my boudoir session with my photographer and now looking at hotels as well as how to get myself in shape so I look good -- just need some toning in my belly. Any tips?

apple -- I can't watch GOT by myself, lol. Too much gore, I need someone around to tell me when I can uncover my eyes. It's a great story, but... yeah, a tad too graphic for my liking. 
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sierra524Sierra524 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Pickl...do P90X or insanity. Ive heard great things.

I am thinking about going to check out a gym close to me today. I got a coupon in the mail for a free 14 day trial, so maybe Ill check it out, see how often I go in those 2 weeks and decide then if its worth it. I dont really want to lose weight for the wedding because I already fit into my dress perfectly, but I do just want to start working out to feel better. I always feel so tired, and Im convinced its because I do no physical activity, except for walking around my neighborhood. I have a small apartment so I was trying to find some workouts I can do at home. I am going to rearrange my living room a bit and see if there is anyway I can fit the yoga mat comfortably in front of the tv and then try some pilates. Ive heard great things about pilates as well. I think if I can find a work out that I can do at home, that would be great.

Angel...that sucks about the snow. We usually get slammed where I am, but the last two days have been nothing but rain. Im okay with that. Rather have rain than snow.

What is this Game of Thrones everyone here is raving about?! Whats it about?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good morning!  Snowing here again today, but I don't think we're supposed to get much.  Last Thursday we got 6 inches so I'm hoping we don't have that again anytime soon.  My dad lives in Kansas City and they've gotten it much worse, like 12" or more in some areas.  Can't wait till spring!

H loves GOT and wants me to watch with him.  I'm thinking I will try to catch up so I can watch the upcoming season with him.

We're going out of town this weekend for a friend's 80's themed birthday party.  Should be fun!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Oh yikes, gore! I thought maybe it was a sappy moment that made you cry. I don't do scary, so I probably shouldn't watch it! FI and I watched 6 episodes of Big Bang Theory last night, it was nice to just chill out and laugh! We haven't had time to do that in forever!

• Options
    lol it was a sappy moment. but yes it was lots of gore too.
    it is really good.

ok I am terrible at explaining movies so I found this

Here's the super short version: Several noble houses fight a civil war over who should be king, while an exiled princess tries to find her place in the world, and the kingdom is threatened by some rising supernatural threat in the north. Boom. Take that, Book-a-Minute.

What makes this book so hard to summarize is that it's told from the point-of-view of eight different characters and, well, there's a lot going on. But here's a secret: A Game of Thrones can be broken down into three stories:

(1) The longest part of this book tells how the noble Stark family deals with conspiracy and court politics in the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, with particular emphasis on Eddard Stark, the father and leader of the noble family.

(2) A second story follows the exiled princess Daenerys, one of the last descendants from the previous royal family, as she grows up on another continent.

(3) A third story follows Jon Snow, the illegitimate son of Eddard Stark, as he grows up in the north of Westeros. He is in the special military order called the Night's Watch, which is dedicated to protecting the civilized Seven Kingdoms from the dangers beyond the Wall.

So it's not that hard to follow, after all. (Okay, there's a lot going on here, but the book is actually pretty clear about everything.
  • Options
    I stared watching celebrity wife swap last night but FI couldn't stand it so we changed it. I got word that another couple is meeting with their lender today and plan to make an offer so fingers crossed. I bought a jazzercise groupon a while back which I am using. It is a bit cheesy but gets me going and was really cheap. Hope the snow doesn't get too bad
  • Options
    B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    Morning ladies! Sorry about all the snow you guys got. It sounds awful, especially wet, heavy snow. It's all rain and lots of wind here. 

I published my first post on my cooking blog last night! So a little AWing, here's the link:

I'm going to try to post at least one thing a week. It will be mostly cooking and food related, but with some design posts here and there. Next week I'm going to attempt to make Irish Soda Bread Baked French Toast. I'm really hoping it turns out delicious. So stayed tuned for that one! 

Game of Thrones is a great series on HBO. My friends and I can't wait for season 3 to start this month. The books are good too, but watching season one of the series is a good start to see if you like the subject matter, before jumping into reading the books. They can be quite an undertaking. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I love fantasy books, so maybe I'll start with trying to read the books. FI and I both love Mercedes Lackey and a few other authors. I mostly do "fantasy light" and stay away from high fantasy, but the historical aspect may hook me! Buzz, congrats! I'm going to check it out right now! :-)

• Options
    Looks great Buzz! Now I just need some pumpkin and gluten free oats!

• Options
    yea, I looove it, I just got the books in the mail last night
    super excited!
  • Options
    Buzz--good work on the blog, it looks great! So excited to check out all of you guys' blogs just haven't had the time yet.

pickl and sierra--I have had the hardest time getting my butt in gear. I have always been thin, but I too get so tired I'm convinced it's because I'm so unhealthy and out of shape. I've been making an effort to use a workout DVD 1-2 times a week, try to use my elliptical, and on Monday's either take a spin or Zumba class. They just started offering Zumba and I wish it was on other nights because I could try and go a couple times a week. I also have been trying really really hard to track all my calories which I think makes a huge difference. Good luck!!

Stopped snowing here last night and picked up again and supposed to snow ALL day again today :( Yuck! I had a 2nd/final interview today so my fingers are crossed. I think I would like the company a lot more than where I am at now. FI had the stomach flu yesterday so I'm hoping I don't catch it just in time for the weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Rel...how did your job interview go?! What is it for?
    Buzz...love the post! Looks awesome.

GOT sounds interesting. I may have to wait and just watch em all someday. I have so many shows to keep track of now, I can barely keep up. I have to catch up on Revenge & Nashville before I watch anything else. I finally watched Sunday's Walking Dead. Was a little disappointed...I think I just wanted more from the episode, but it was pretty boring (IMO). Cant wait for it to start getting exciting!!! Andrea is a bada**.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wednesday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fb29c90a-1f2f-456e-98d4-fe42193e4039Post:2521b842-e74a-41c3-bd07-2138c37bdb91">Re: Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pickl...do P90X or insanity. Ive heard great things. I am thinking about going to check out a gym close to me today. I got a coupon in the mail for a free 14 day trial, so maybe Ill check it out, see how often I go in those 2 weeks and decide then if its worth it. I dont really want to lose weight for the wedding because I already fit into my dress perfectly, but I do just want to start working out to feel better. I always feel so tired, and Im convinced its because I do no physical activity, except for walking around my neighborhood. I have a small apartment so I was trying to find some workouts I can do at home. I am going to rearrange my living room a bit and see if there is anyway I can fit the yoga mat comfortably in front of the tv and then try some pilates. Ive heard great things about pilates as well. I think if I can find a work out that I can do at home, that would be great. Angel...that sucks about the snow. We usually get slammed where I am, but the last two days have been nothing but rain. Im okay with that. Rather have rain than snow. What is this Game of Thrones everyone here is raving about?! Whats it about?
    Posted by Sierra524[/QUOTE]

Sierra there are tons of workouts you can do at home. Google "work out of the day" and you can get some ideas. A good, simple workout is doing 100 each of pushups, sit-ups and squats (I usually break them up into sets of 25). You can do bicep curls, tricep kickbacks with handweights. Any kind of push-up, sit-up routine is great. Burpees are really good to do as well.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Good luck, rel! I'm waiting to hear back about a job as well, so we can exchange positive thoughts for each other!

Buzz, your blog looks great! Can't wait to read more!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the blog love!

I don't really have much advice for getting in shape. Despite H having the basement set up as a big weight lifting gym, (big weight machine thingy, lots of free weights, a stationary bike) I really ever workout. The most I do right now is try to eat healthy. But once the weather warms up I really should at least start taking walks to attempt to be more active. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards