Washington-Seattle

Wedding on a TIGHT BUDGET

Hey Seattle Peeps,

So my fiance and I are getting married next in April hopefully. We are on a tight budget so has anyone ever planned or is planning their wedding working on a $10,000 budget? Any tips on cheap venues, catering, decor and coodinators you are working with? We also don't have family here that can help fund some stuff or stay up the night before setting up. HELP!!!!!

Re: Wedding on a TIGHT BUDGET

• Hey Seattle Peeps,

So my fiance and I are getting married next in April hopefully. We are on a tight budget so has anyone ever planned or is planning their wedding working on a $10,000 budget? Any tips on cheap venues, catering, decor and coodinators you are working with? We also don't have family here that can help fund some stuff or stay up the night before setting up. HELP!!!!!

Community Centers for Venue - Tukwila Community Center is very pretty. As well as Alki Bathhouse and a couple others.
    Pike Place Market - For Flowers
    Catering - Go with a smaller business that does catering that may help.
    Decor - keep to a minimum.

• $10,000 budget? lucky! i'm working on a $5,000 budget.

I found a great lady that does coordinating, flowers, and cakes. She is budget friendly and will work within your budget. Her name is Katrina and her website is http://www.lovebloomseventdesign.com/ . She also works with a DJ and will package it all together for a fair price.

We are getting married in the Federal Way community center. The reason I like this is because we don't have to have a caterer. My family is coming out a week early and between both families we plan to make a buffet. But this may not be an option since you don't have family coming out. Also having a coordinator, she can give you names and get you great deals as well.

I found a great photographer out of Tacoma that is seriously a steal in prices. Melissa at https://www.facebook.com/Southern.Charm.Photography.Tacoma . Here is what she sent me about her wedding package:

Congratulations on your engagement & upcoming wedding. Thank you also for thanking about Southern Charm Photography in your quest for finding the right photographer.

My wedding package includes: Two photographers All day coverage All edited photographs on a CD with full printing rights (10) 4x6 prints (photographer choice) (5) 5x7 prints (photographer choice) (5) 8x10 prints (photographer choice) Deliver to you in person or via mail within three weeks of wedding. An two hour engagement session at a location of your choice (within reason of Tacoma)

My fee for a wedding is $950.00. I do request a deposit of half down to book the date and the other half due at the wedding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards