Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Tipping Vendors

I am sure there are a few threads on here for this topic, but can't seem to find the answers I am looking for. Not sure of all the tipping protocol and wanted to get some opinions on who you think "should" be tipped and maybe who isn't necessary unless they do some sort of stand out job.

Here is a list of my vendors:

Mandalay Bay-for the entire ceremony, pianist, minister, flowers etc.

Harmony Medina-hair/makeup for me and 5 bridesmaids + hair trial

Bently and Wilson-6 hours of photography...mostly after ceremony as you are required to use Cashman as part of wedding package

RSVP rentals-tables, high tops, linens, ice chests, chairs etc....drop off and pick up service

Masterpiece Cuisine-gourmet express delivery service for food

All Night Long Entertainment-4 hours of DJ services, no emcee

Retro Bakery-cup cake/cake tower delivery

Culinary Pros-Day of Coordinator services, they have been great and I have shipped a lot of things to them to hold for me ahead of time

DD Bus of Las Vegas-2 hours strip photo tour w/guests after ceremony

I think that's it!

Any help would be appreciated. I mean usually I would tip generously just a standard 15 or 20%, but that seems a bit pricey for some of these.

Canadian Bride getting married at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas on October 19th, 2013

Re: Tipping Vendors

• Options
    I would not tip anyone that is part of the MB ceremony.  The officiant you will be paying directly already, the others are employees of Mandalay and are just doing their job, for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.

You can of course tip Todd, on wedding day if you feel like he did a great job, or after receiving your pictures if you feel like he did an great job.  We tipped our photographer after the fact, and felt like they did an awesome job.

RSVP, I believe, charges a $100 fee to bring you those tables and things, so I'd be less inclined to tip.

Masterpiece - the staff who cater the event will probably be employees of Masterpiece, so they would probably appreciate a tip but no need to go crazy as I don't think they'll be there for hours or have an inordinate amount of work to perform.

All Night Long - unless you've hired the "Jason & Jeremy" package, which means the owners of the company are hosting your event, then you're going to typically have one of their staff DJ's doing the work, so they would probably appreciate a tip if they do great work, which I expect they will as ANL has consistently great reviews.

Retro I feel like you may be working with the owners; my general rule of thumb is you don't necessarily need to tip the owners unless the service was exceptional, since obviously they're not charging you a fee that would not have them making a livable income.

Possibly same for Culinary Pros but worth investigating.  If they've been storing your things for you though, I'd be inclined to tip.

DDB driver will most likely be expecting a tip.

As far as how much, many of these things you can't really go on the standard schedule because that might be kind of out of line depending on the cost of the service and how many people are involved.  i.e. if you're paying Masterpiece $2k for food you're not going to give out $400 in tips for a couple people to do an hour's work.  I'd make it a judgement call based on how much you're comfortable with. 

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards