Nevada-Las Vegas

Bridal Shower Vs Bachelorette

So me and my future hubby arent too crazy about having a bachelorette or bachelor party so we were thinking of having a Bridal Shower instead. My sister was thinking of us going to a Acapulco restaurant and getting a private dining room for us to have dinner, also there is a DJ there on the outer side of the restaurant for us to dance and drink for after. Do you think that would work out instead or going out for a bachelor/ bachelorette? Also we don't really plan on having a reception at home after the wedding.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

Re: Bridal Shower Vs Bachelorette

• Acapulco as in a trip to Mexico?  I think that would be fine but you may want to query the wedding party and/or group who would normally be invited to the bachelor/bachelorette first to feel out if the price of such a trip would count too many of them out; and of course limit the knowledge of the 'shower' to that group.  Otherwise you're going to have people who would have normally wanted to attend a shower think to themselves, well damn, I'm not going to spend $1k to go to Mexico for a shower. :-)

I've been invited to bachelor parties that I just couldn't justify the expense and wished I had been asked for my opinion on the matter first because I wasn't the only one to not go; i.e. what would likely have been a $3k international trip once you factor in airfare, hotel, expenses, etc.  That's a bit outside of my bachelor party threshold.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• lol no It's a restaurant chain. I guess it's just in California 
  • I think that would fine. I think of that more of a bachlorette party than a shower. You can have a low key bachlorette party if you want. Nothing major. 

In canada, a bridal shower is usually a pretty low key, get together at some ones house with games, drinks, food and gifts. I hate them because I feel like it is just a gift grab occasion.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We originally wanted it at my sisters house but shes in the middle of getting a divorce so her house isn't an option anymore with her husband being there. We arent expecting people to bring us gifts I just dont know what to call it since it's not a bacheloette or bachelor party since me and FH will be there together. but yes it will just be dinner, drinks and maybe a couple games.
  • Maybe call it something else like "Valerie's Last Dinner" than that way it doesn't lead anyone to being a bachelorette party. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ah, yeah completely different than a trip to Mexico lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• We are having a pre wedding party and we havent called it anything. Those were the invites that went out with the 'eat, drink and soon to be married' tagline. Then we just wrote 'join us for a fun afternoon of .... to celebrate our upcoming wedding'.

Because its way too late for an engagement party and we are not having showers we figured guests will know what it is. And im hoping it doesnt come accross as gift grabby cos its not a shower, its not an e party and its not the wedding.

Another option is a combined bachelor / bachelorette. You can either do the whole thing together or start/end the groups together.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards