July 2014 Weddings
Options

Ivory gold and..help?

So I'm getting married in July 2014. As soon as I got engaged, I've been envisioning the big day and all of the colors. I thought red or blue but those don't work for everyone. I thought pink but my groom hated it. Then I thought gold, and started to go with a very elegant color scheme of white, ivory and gold. I love everything about it. The colors go great with the venue. However, after going to florists and photographers I realize that I need a pop of color. I've thought orange or hot pink (groom can deal with it as a pop color) and I normally love Brit colors it I don't want it to look like a sweet 16. So basically a color just to pop at each table, in the flowers, etc. ideas?

Re: Ivory gold and..help?

• Options
    I don't know. There's something soooo classic and elegant about white flowers with just a gold ribbon, or white candlelight if your venue allows it. If you use gold table overlays, the light might catch a little bit of sparkle and give you the pop you need. I'm not sure you really need another color. Especially if your reception is in the evening. It sounds like it's going to be beautiful as is :)
  • Options
    what about a sage or celery green to pick up the colors in the greenery? or a blush?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hlvonbhlvonb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    I like the green or blue ideas that were mentioned. Also maybe consider a shade of yellow?? That stays with the gold and ivory theme since depending on the shade of yellow you go with it would be inbetween your other colors. I would not go with any "hot" colors such as hot pink since your other 2 colors aren't really "hot" colors. That is just my opinion. :)
  • Options
    Maybe do a blush pink. Its still got that soft and dreamy feel to it.

• Options
    i'm doing ivory gold and turquoise
  • Options
  • Options
    I am doing ivory, gold, light blue, and melon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards