Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Makeup artist recommendations?

Hi,

I am looking for makeup artists recommendations. On vegas groom I saw a lot of feedback on Francesca Lombardi but the pinup style is not a look I am into for myself.  I was thinking of booking with Stevee Danielle and then looked at her yelp reviews and got scared.  Makeup in the 702 hasn't returned my e-mail, as of yer (I e-mailed last week), so that gives me pause.  Platinum Entourage at the vegas blow dry bar and La Bella Mafia are names I have seen floating around on other boards.  Does anyone have any feedback?

thank you!!

Re: Makeup artist recommendations?

• Options
    I have noticed as of lately. The ones I see come up on here is 

Muse Artistry - Beware of them they seem shady. 

Beauty by Bri - I booked with her after Muse was being flaky. I love how quick and responsive she has been.  - www.MakeupMinutes.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I booked with Makeup in the 702 and they are awesome so far! She called me right away after I emailed. I would try again. Maybe your email hasn't reached them for some reason. I booked more than 6 months before my wedding so I basically paid half of what you would pay normally. I have been extremely happy with their service so far. Don't count them out just yet :)
  • Options
    Yeah I have to second the brilliant communication I have had from Make-up in the 702, they have been replying to my emails within 24 hours. They did a great deal for me and I love what I see on their portfolio. 

But Kiki is right, those artists have all received great reviews on here :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • Options
    Whitney with Desert Glamour. I used her for our wedding last October and will be using her again in 2 weeks for our anniversary. She was on time, did exactly what I wanted and was very sweet.  think her pricing is very reasonable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have booked Amelia C, great communication so far
  • Options
    Fantastic work with Harmony!  On time and very helpful.
  • Options
    Alas Harmony doesn't do Sundays!
  • Options
    I also booked Amelia C., good communication and comparable prices.  I like that they do the spray on makeup and lashes.
  • Options
    I second Whitney from Desert Glamour.  She was fantastic and her pricing was the best I found.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I booked with makeup in the 702!
  • Options

I booked Desert Glamour- Whitney was so responsive and her prices are great! Plus, she has amazing reviews!

• Options
    I have booked with makeup in the 702.  They have had so many great reviews on Wedding Wire. 

So far their service has been excellent and just recently I received my last email which details every piece of information i could possibly need to know for the big day with relation to hair and make up. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ohh @samiam125 that's good to know! Is it the kind of thing you would have liked to have farther in advance of your wedding? Or do you think it was good timing? Look forward to hearing your reviews!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Jiimanie

I thought that it was good timing.  It came about two weeks before my wedding day and lists what i should wear, what condition my hair should be in, what condition my skin should be in e.g. "no spf as it can cause your face to look shiny in photographs" it had a timeline of events, where they would like to be seated to give you the best service, everything covered off :-)

Anniversary
  • Options
    Great stuff, thanks for the info @samiam125

Did they want your hair freshly washed on the day?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Here is what they said about hair and makeup...

=========================================================

*Makeup free skin and BONE DRY hair

*Any one receiving make up service is wearing a shirt the neckline of their dress and sans earrings and necklace

*Once we arrive we will set up in a well lit area (by the window is usually best). We'll need a table to work off and plugs for the airbrush and irons. If we are in home, we will work in the kitchen, not the bathroom. We'll bring everything else with us. Please, have phones, laptops and rooms keys off the table and away from spray

*Please, ensure that anyone that is having hair services has BONE DRY HAIR, not damp in any way. The stylist will charge an additional $25.00 for blowdrying even slightly damp hair. It's best to wash hair the evening before, going light on the amount of conditioner and no styling products. To smooth the cuticle of the hair, please blow dry yourself, but do not flat iron!

*Clean makeup free skin and eyes are requested for the best result. Please use your normal skin care (without extra SPF) for the day. The camera often times picks up the mica in sunscreens as oil/shine/perspiration 

We also ask that everyone wear a tube or tank top or wear a towel. Or anything that is the same as the neckline of the dress they will be wearing. We will be airbrushing all skin that will show to the dress neckline. When everyone is ready to go with these basic prep instructions it allows for each person to have more time in the chair vs prepping for our appt. PLEASE, I can't stress this piece enough. We want each person to have the allotted amount of time she needs in the makeup chair. This time will be cut short if she in not wearing the proper neckline.

=========================================================

Hope that helps...  In addition to the above this is what you get for the money:

* 15 hour water and transfer resistant airbrush makeup- holds up in the heat, perspiration and tears
    * Custom Blended Foundation- Exact skin match. No one else offers
    * False Lashes- Opens the eye for long distance and outdoor photos
    * Full Size Lip Stick/Gloss to keep- No one else offers
    * Trip Charge and Tattoo Coverage Included

I like you am organising the wedding from afar (New Zealand), so am very much hoping that I have made the right choice :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options

@samiam125 thanks so much for posting that! Very useful :)

I'm just wondering whether the make-up transfers onto clothing? (would be very interested to hear after your experience, or from any other brides who had airbrush make-up) I didn't imagine it being applied all the way down to the neckline of my dress (I have a strapless dress) and I definitely don't want it marking the material! Hmmmm ...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Jiimanie

That's a good point.  I will be sure to ask that question before the make up is applied.  I will give reviews also so you know what to expect.  Reviews should hopefully be a couple of weeks after the wedding.

:-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I have an airbrush makeup machine and i have never had a problem with the makeup getting on my clothes :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @thesepinkdays that's good to know And thanks again @samiam125 ! I will very much be looking forward to your reviews, but no rush - you enjoy your first few weeks of married life away from the internet (if you can!). Only 6 days now!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks Jiimanie!  As i write this I am in San Diego, Day 2 out of 3 days here before we head to Vegas!!!! :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hey ladies! I had airbrush makeup done and I was wearing a strapless dress. The artist blended it from my face down my neck. I never got any on my clothes while she was applying it and it never rubbed off onto anything during the wedding.
  • Options
    Thanks @J9lawrence ! Good to know :) my fears are quickly being dispelled!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No problem! Full reviews to come soon!
  • Options
    Woohoo! Hope you had the most awesome day :)@J9lawrence

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards