Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

RSVP Question

We are sending our invites out with RSVP cards for the ceremony and reception.  We are asking for everyone to RSVP about 8 weeks out.  Once we know the final count for the main event we might be able to have enough money for a meet and greet and/or brunch, but we won’t know our final budget until we get the initial RSVPs back.  

If we can afford to host another event we were thinking of sending out another card about 6 weeks out with the information and ask people to RSVP online. 

Do you think this is okay to do or will people need more time to plan?  Any thoughts are appreciated!  

We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 

Re: RSVP Question

• Options
    dI think would be ok since most will be arriving day before wedding anyway.  I wouldn't use RSVP just word of mouth type thing to let people know you will be here_______ between __ and _____.  I don't see meet N greets as hosted thing.  HTH and makes sense
  • Options
    We are hosting our meet and greet but it definitely isnt a requirement.

Ktbabe do you have a wedding website? Another option is to set up simple online rsvp for it. Or you could set up a no host meet and greet then if your budget allows you could host a round of drinks or something.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Options
    I think that sounds like a great idea.  However, getting the rsvp cards to your guests early is probably a lot more important than getting them back early.  Flights can vary dramatically so whether people can come or not may depend on how soon they get the invites.  Even though we sent out STD's way early, people didn't seem to really start booking until they got the invites, like they weren't really sure they were going to get one.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Yes, we do have a wedding website, that is where I was thinking of doing the RSVP for meet and greet and/or brunch if we decide to add one.

We are sending invites out on Jan 2nd with an RSVP date of Feb 29, I figure 8 weeks is plenty of time to figure out if you are coming or not.  We pretty much know what friends are coming, it's our family that is up in the air, older relatives and cousins with kids I'm not sure will actually make the trip.  

If we have a few no's then we'll send out a card with an invite around March 17th for the other stuff.

Wedding is May 3rd.  
  • Options
    How about sending something to your guests who RSVP yes? We are getting some visitor guide booklets to send to guests who RSVP yes together with a letter that says:

'YOU SAID YES!'
    We are thrilled that you are coming to the wedding! Here is a bit of info for your trip to Fabulous Las Vegas.

Thats how we will communicate any last minute information with guests as well as put it on the wedding website.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Options
    I love that idea @missmo14!  You are so good as this stuff :-)
  • Options
    I sent out invitations in pocket folders (from cardsandpockets.com) that had an insert with all the wedding events -- Friday meet & greet, Saturday wedding details, Sunday cabana. We did a no-host M&G, so it wasn't as necessary for me to collect RSVPs for it.
    ... But when most people RSVPed, they also sent along flight/hotel info, so I still had a pretty good idea of who would be in town when without needing to spend $$ to print & post two separate invitations. That seems stressful!
  • Options
    @mnupp - how did you word your no-host meet and greet?  
  • Options
    We will be at El Segundo Sol in Fashion Show Mall for their "Loco Hour" specials from 4-7. We’ll spring for some communal guacamole & sangria … c’mon by if you're craving $5 margaritas and $3 nachos!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards