Nevada-Las Vegas

Hotels Deals in the middle of summer?

Hi all,

I am holding out to see if there are any hotel deals coming up for my hotels we'd like to stay at next year. We are getting married in the peak of summer, end of July and I'm waiting to see if any deals come up. We are looking at staying at Cosmo in a wrap around suite for three nights and then a cheaper option for the other nights, maybe Wynn, MGM??

Do you think any deals are likely to come up for their busiest time of year? I'm thinking there won't be? I'm not sure if anyone has had any previous experience in getting any deals for such time of the year?

Thanks for your help!

Dee

Re: Hotels Deals in the middle of summer?

• It's a 50/50 chance but if you wait too long chances are rates will go up if you wait. The earlier you book the better. Good luck :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • spoon1984spoon1984 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    Hi Dee, I didn't find any deals for July 13. I booked at the end of Sept 12 but I still looked at prices for months. If you haven't already 'liked' the Cosmopolitan on Facebook that's worth a shot as they do post offers. I seem to remember seeing these from August onwards though. Initially we booked a terrace studio fountain view then at the beginning of June we called Expedia to upgrade to a Terrace Suite, we were hoping it would be no more than an additional £300 (for. 7 nights) but I really thought that figure was conservative and thought it might be a lot more. There was a £700 difference on the Cosmopolitans website. When we phoned we were told there would be a refund of £7, we coundnt believe it! I don't really know why it ended up costing less, although we had booked ten months earlier I checked the cosmopolitans website before phoning and the room should have been hundreds more. I know you wouldn't want to take a gamble but if you did book via Expedia it's maybe worth a call nearer the time. Expedia seemed a lot cheaper than direct with the Cosmopolitan ( approx £450 cheaper for our original room choice). They don't have all the room options available for booking online but they seem to if you call them.
  • There are always deals.  If you haven't already, 'like' those hotels on Facebook and sign up for their rewards programs.  By doing this you'll see deals posted on Facebook and get emails.

But like Valerie said sometimes they can go up.  I would book what you want, then if you find a better deal book that and cancel your original reservation.  All the hotels will charge you the first night + tax, but you can always call and cancel and they refund your money pretty quick.  

We are going for Thanksgiving and have the Mirage and Cosmo booked, we'll wait and see if get any better deals, if not we'll probably stick with Cosmo. 

There is still plenty of time for deals.  The holidays, beginning of the year, Memorial Day, July 4th, etc.
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • I second liking their "Facebook" pages and also sign up for email deals through their website and also Vegas.com will also email you coupon codes that you can use.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards