May 2014 Weddings

*Now finally feeling like I'm not* completely overwhelmed!!

seeraaseeraa member
First Comment
edited October 2013 in May 2014 Weddings
So I got a few things figured out and I am no longer feeling so overwhelmed! Definitely still behind and trying to catch up, but no longer drowning.

We are trying for a DIY/eco friendly/budget wedding and it will be interesting to see how things go. We don't have a date yet, we have to nail down the venue. After talking with the fiance and family we have decided we are going to do a get-away type wedding at a secluded lodge in the woods that can house up to 30 people. We will do the ceremony and reception there, and some people will lodge with us and then we will stay there for a few days afterwards as a small honeymoon. I'm really excited about this idea as I feel like it is very intimate and gives us all time to catch up and get to know each other as a new family.

Still so much to do!

I am SO behind, I only just started this week!! Life got away from me and I only just realized how soon May is!
I haven't a clue what I am doing or where to start, there are too many things! I do have my dress, which is good... but the rest...
I feel like pulling my hair out! We live in the middle of nowhere, so options are very limited too :(

Re: *Now finally feeling like I'm not* completely overwhelmed!!

• Lock down your venue. Where you're going to do your ceremony and have your reception is key. In order to lock down the right ones get an idea of how many guests you want to invite.

Think far and wide when it comes to venues, think of city, county, state-owned parks, beaches,lakes, community centers, B&Bs, vineyards, art studios, it doesn't just have to be a typical country club or hall setting, that will give you many more options and it may become more affordable for you too.

Just start there first, you're going to be fine! Deep, deep breaths.
    -anjo (aka the future mrs miley :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I felt the same way when I first got engaged. Just breathe and use the checklist or make your own list. Start crossing things off when you complete them. I started with the things that mattered the most to me. The cake and flowers aren't huge for me, so I haven't even touched that!!  Photographer and venue were by far the most important and I got those down.  

It will all come together!! 
  • I just started this week too. Every time I look at prices and our budget, I want to puke. Then add all the 'helpful' encouragement to take out loans because it's completely impossible to work within our budget... I just want to elope, ha.
  • nice update to the original post and title!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards