Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Macy's Bone China (Hotel?) plates versus Crate & Barrel Aspen

I originally registered for Macy's hotel brand of plain white bone china but I had second thoughts about the cost and I registered at Crate & Barrel for their Aspen plates (much cheaper but still gets rave reviews).

Macy's is starting to have frequent pre-holiday/weekend sales (my shower is Nov 16th and the wedding Jan 25th) so I am debating moving the plates back over.

What would you do?
photo composite_14153800476219.jpg

Re: Macy's Bone China (Hotel?) plates versus Crate & Barrel Aspen

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I always go for Macy's or bbb and use my coupons, so I'd switch back.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I would do Macy's as well.  Don't worry about the price so much - Macy's hotel collection is still a much better price than most white china.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I guess I am worried that I won't get the pieces I want/need because of the price...  Crate & Barrel is soooo much cheaper!
  • Options
    Thing is, nobody will buy you the C&B if you don't ask for it... instead, they would go with Macy's.

This varies a lot by circle, but I can tell you that we received every single dish, bowl, and serving piece we registered for.  Every single one.  And even if we hadn't, we got enough extra gift cards that we pretty much finished off our registries and spent less than $100 of our own money.

Unless your wedding is very very small, you are very likely to get a good bit of it or else you can complete it yourself with gift cards/cash.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone...  I switched the place settings back to Macy's last night.  I put two sets of four pices and then four individual place settings to vary the price points.  

I figure that if I only get one or two place settings I can make the decision to buy the rest of them out of pocket  or return them and but everything at Crate & Barrel.

We are having a smaller wedding with 36 families so I honestly don't know what to expect.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards