New Jersey
Options

Help! Worried about photographer...

So my fiancé and I took our engagement photos about a month ago. At the time, the photographer did not mention when they would be done and I wasn't too concerned about it. About two weeks later I decided to text just to get an idea of more or less when they would be finished. She told me they would be done in a week or sooner! Well I waited not only one week, but two weeks without hearing anything. A few days ago, after i contacted heri, she told she was finalizing the site and they would be up that day. NOPE- never heard anything from her. Since then I've texted and called to no avail ( she was very responsive In the beginning before I paid anything). What should I do?! Is this acceptable? I am not too concerned with how long it's taking but why is she telling me they are ready and then not being responsive? I'm starting to freak out...

Re: Help! Worried about photographer...

• Options
    who is your photographer? I had a similar issue. You can send me a PM if you prefer. 

• Options
    it is concerning but did you read any similar reviews about your photographer on wedding wire? If you would like to speak further pm anytime if you don't want to post anything on the actual board.
  • Options
    A delay is not a problem.  Dishonesty is not something I tolerate from my photographer or anyone else.
  • Options
    I am curious who your photographer is. I have come to realize that often the more artistic types are sometimes not as good with the business side of things - follow-up, etc. I have had a couple moments where I have wanted to pull out my hair because of my photographer, but in the end she was amazing with the engagement shoot, those photos are phenomenal and I know she will be wonderful the day of the wedding and produce great shots then too. Hopefully your situation is the same -- just a photographer struggling with time management and the customer service aspect of getting things done. 
  • Options
    JerseyAKL said:
    I am curious who your photographer is. I have come to realize that often the more artistic types are sometimes not as good with the business side of things - follow-up, etc. I have had a couple moments where I have wanted to pull out my hair because of my photographer, but in the end she was amazing with the engagement shoot, those photos are phenomenal and I know she will be wonderful the day of the wedding and produce great shots then too. Hopefully your situation is the same -- just a photographer struggling with time management and the customer service aspect of getting things done. 
     We booked with an artistic type of photographer.  He usually gets back to me within an hour or 2.  Obviously if I email on a Saturday it's delayed because they're working.  Obviously everyone is different but even while looking for a photographer I received prompt responses from everyone I was considering. 

We took our e-pics on Monday afternoon, they were on the photographers website/fb page Tuesday afternoon, pictage on Wednesday, and I received the disk with our photos on Thursday. (They had told us I'd have it Friday).  I like that they constantly update their website and FB page.  Sounds silly but that was a big factor for us.

Is there anyway you can switch photographers?

Good Luck.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards