Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Make-up for E-Pics as trial?

My hair stylist is the owner of a large salon where I live so I asked her to recommend one of her MUA to do my makeup for both my e-pics and the wedding. She also recommended airbrush make-up which I think I'd like to do for my WD. I had originally thought I would kill 2 birds with one stone and use my E-pics as my trial run for make-up but now I have some doubts. -our pics are in 2 weeks but our wedding isn't until July (I want the pics back for Xmas cards/save-the-dates). Is this too soon for my trial? -I'm starting to think that I don't want anything too over done for the e-pics. I'm doing my hair on my own with my usual day-to-day style so I'm concerned that wedding style make-up will look odd. Would I need to have the MUA do the exact look at my trial that I want for the WD? What have you ladies done for your make-up trials?

Re: Make-up for E-Pics as trial?

• Options
    I would personally wait if you can. The idea behind a trial is that you know exactly what you will look like on your wedding day without it being your actual wedding day (so if you don't like your eyeshadow or lip color, you can adjust it). 

A trial now might at least let you know whether you want to be airbrushed or not and if they MUA is decent. But otherwise, you might not get a whole lot out of it. My MUA doesn't like to do trials until 4-6 weeks out so we can be sure of style/look for the wedding day.

Why don't you ask the MUA her opinion?
  • Options
    My MUA recommended a trial 1-2 months prior to the wedding. Because she said that what we chose at the trial would be IT for the wedding.  So if you do it too far in advance and you have a tan and then you don't have a tan or vice versa you're going to completely throw off the foundation/concealer picks.  She told me about a bride who had her trial and when she showed up at the wedding the girl was so tan, like she'd been living in St. Barts for the last 2 months!  You don't want to mess around on your wedding day!  Wait to do your trial!!!!!
  • Options
    So, we are in the same boat!! My wedding is in March, and my trial AND e-pics are this Sunday.  My MUA artist agreed that for my trial she will, after we achieve my WD look, tone down my makeup and blow my hair out for the e-pics (it will be in side curly ponytail for WD).   She is extremely great and flexible and I can not wait!  I plan on using her again for my Bridal shower which is a month before the wedding, just to resassure myself that I love her look :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for the advice but it sounds like my dilemma is solved! The MUA that was recommended to me is gone the day of my e-pics so I scheduled to have regular make-up done with someone else for the pictures and will schedule a trial for airbrush at another time - probably closer to the wedding. This will actually be nice so I can compare airbrush vs regular.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards