November 2013 Weddings

Rehearsal dinner venue and attire

So is everyone doing a rehearsal dinner?  If so, where are you having it and what are you wearing?

My rehearsal dinner is a casual thing at my Grandmother's house for wedding party and family . . . but I still feel like I should dress up a little.  I'm looking for a dress but less formal than cocktail.  

Anybody else?  Do you have your outfit already?

Re: Rehearsal dinner venue and attire

• We're having it at our local hockey rink that has a bar attached.  Pizza and Beer!

I'll be wearing jeans, heels, and a nice top probably  FI will do the same minus the heels :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • We are having ours at a gastropub. We want everyone to be casual and comfy. I will do jeans, heels and a cute top. FI will wear jeans, a polo and loafers.
  • WonderRedWonderRed member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited October 2013
    My IL's rented a house for the entire family about half a mile away from ours instead of doing hotel rooms.  We're just getting together over there and ordering take out instead of having anything formal at a restaurant. We aren't having a rehearsal so I guess, technically, it's not a rehearsal dinner.  I don't know yet what I'll be wearing. Probably a casual, wrap or jersey dress with leggings and boots or something like that.

• Im doing mine at an Italian restaurant and im wearing a nice dress. 
    Married 11/12/05 ~ Renewed Our Vows 11/9/13. 

"The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still."

• We're doing poolside drinks then a rehearsal dinner/welcome reception for out of town guests at the restaurant (on the green) at a golf resort near where we're getting married. The restaurant is somewhat casual, although I overdress for everything and am wearing this: 

• We're having ours at a pizza restaurant and I'm wearing jeans and my blinged out t-shirt that has bride across the chest, my bridesmaid's have t-shirts that say the same thing and my FI is wearing his t-shirt that's says groom. :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    We are doing it at the banquet hall at church..I think it will be casual so i think I am going to wear a nice dress just because I can ..lol

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Italian restaurant, and I'll probably wear a dress. to be determined. 

OjitosVerdes that dress is GORGEOUS 
  • Aw, thanks @dramamonkey! One of my bridesmaids told me it looked like "grandma's draperies". LOL. 
  • Ours will be at a Bertucci's near our venue.

I think I'm wearing an Alice and Olivia black cocktail dress that a friend insisted I borrow.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We are having our rehersal at my moms house and then FMIL is providing italian food from a local resturant for the dinner. Idk what I am wearing yet proably jeans and a cute top 
  • We are having our rehearsal dinner at another wedding venue down the street from our wedding venue lol. It's called Kimball Hall and it's basically an Old Southern style home and the FIL's are really going all out for it so I'm still unsure of what I will wear...I'm thinking a cream or winter white dress but I need to look around soon and see what I can find.
  • OjitosVerdes Your friend is a liar. If that's grandma's drapes, she runs a brothel. 
  • Super casual Italian place, finally got that settled today!  My fiance and I wanted to take everyone out, but then his mother didn't like my choice, tried to find other places but we ended up with my initial suggestion as everything else fell through!
  • @jenfromjersey - don't you love it when a plan comes together?  :)
  • I got a cute dress from dress barn. I'm wearing that with a matching necklace my BMs are wearing for the wedding. :)
    We are having the rehearsal dinner at the university where the chapel is. It will be nice cause it's just right down the hall from the chapel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cedixon0 said:
    @jenfromjersey - don't you love it when a plan comes together?  :)
    YES!  It wasn't good enough for FMIL.  But now she has come around.  I just want super duper casual.  She wasn't getting that, as everything is about image for her.
  • Our rehearsal dinner is at Cattleman's in the Fort Worth Stockyards. It's super casual...jeans and t-shirts would be acceptable. However, I'm going to wear a black dress with my black western boots and a rhinestone horseshoe necklace. Our rehearsal is actually the next morning due to venue availability and I'll be wearing a "bride" t-shirt and yoga pants to that.
  • @NiceGirlNTX Cattleman's is a fun place! They have one about 45 mins from where I live. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards