Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Stratosphere & advice needed

Hi all - trying to plan a wedding in Vegas when you're in the UK and have never actually been to Vegas is HARD!  So I wonder if I can pick your brains - I have already got some fab ideas from reading the forum and Vegasgroom site  :)

We quite like the look of the Stratosphere (for the ceremony, not to stay as I know it's not very central), but I've not seen many people that have chosen the Strat as a venue = any ideas why? 

We're on quite a tight budget like everyone, so we're thinking we might have the day going like this:

12.30 Ceremony at Strat, Bella Vista Chapel, photos etc after

2.00 To Stratosphere buffet for champagne brunch (anyone been to this?) - mainly considered for convenience and cost - I realise I can't ask 20 people to travel to Vegas and then make them pay for their own dinner, so this was the only option we could really afford.  Will include wedding cake.

4.00 Presidentiial party bus to pick us up for a 2 hour strip tour for photos (friend to be tog for the day). 

6.00 Drop off back at Mandalay Bay, hopefully go up to Mix Lounge for a drink so we get to see the amazing strip views from both ends in the day

Then people can carry on partying or do their own thing after that :)  Didn't want to make the whole thing TOO regimented!

Firstly, If anyone can give me any general feedback on what they think to that plan, or any better ideas, I'd be eternally grateful as I'm really in the dark!

Also have a couple of specific questions;

Do you know if Presidential allow us to bring alcohol on?

Would Mix or Foundation Room be better for just a drink?

Would I need to book either Mix or Foundation?  Are there are any entry restrictions or charges, and what are the general drinks prices like?

SO sorry for all the questions but I'm struggling a bit!

Re: Stratosphere & advice needed

• Options
    Presidential will allow alcohol
    As far as drink prices go they can vary from about 12-16 per drink depending on what you like. I haven't been to mix or foundation before though but from my psst experiences at the Vegas nightclubs those have been the prices
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options
    We really like the Stratosphere, I love gambling there!  It is a bit off by itself, especially since Sahara closed, but it's a fun place.  One word of caution regarding the rooms, we checked in late one night and got a much older room, it was very dark and dingy.  We complained so the next day they transferred us to a remodeled room - it was much nicer.  

I can't comment on the buffet there, but the hotel cafe was pretty good.  So, I would think the food would be comparable.

I think your plan sounds great!  My only concern would be how will the guests get back to the Stratosphere?  Mandalay Bay is about as far away as you can get and close to a $10-$20 cab ride depending on traffic.

We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Options

Hi! I have booked the Strat and the buffet for our wedding in March. I have been dealing with Amberly there who is WONDERFUL! Any question or concern I have had she responds right away. I picked here because I wanted something outside but early March is still a little cool, the Strat has a great view. I have eaten there several years ago and from what I remember it wasn't bad.

Also my dad only stays on Fremont Street and some of my friends only stay at other places on this side of the strip, so this location is easier for everyone. I decided to at least stay there the day of the wedding so I wasn't out running around trying to get things together, being on time and making sure I didn't forget anything!

We are also doing a bus tour afterwards, which again works out for everyone, since one of the stops will be Fremont Street my dad will probably just stay there when we leave. Then the bus will drop us back at the Strat where everyone else is already parked at. And yes you can drink on the bus, the company we are using has coolers and will stock it wil ice for us as well.

• Options
    Thanks so much for all your help! :)

I'm glad there's at least one other bride on here going with the Strat - I've been dealing with Amberley too, she's great so far - ill be looking out for your reviews with interest :)

I think we're gonna go for it, only question now is Mix or Foundation Room!
  • Options

No problem. When is your wedding? I will def let you know how it all goes. (Amberly has been great about answering any email I send her, right away, even after we booked everything).

Sorry I can't help with the other question.

• Options
    Hey Kazza, I booked with the Stratosphere for this November.  I am having a private dinner in the Renaissance room.  I've been dealing with Rosalie and Liset and have to say that the communication isn't the best.  If I wasn't locked in already, I would seriously do it somewhere else. My wedding is in November, so I should have official review by then.
  • Options
    Mix Lounge is usually fairly dead around 5pm to dusk so you may be able to swing a deal with them on a package of drinks.  Not sure about Foundation room, they may not even be open yet at that time of day, I've only been there for late night partying.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options

Thank you so much for all your advice guys, I'm VERY excited to say that I'm now all booked, yaaaay!

Sunday 28th September 2014, less than a year! 

Bit too early to book flights and hotels yet I think, but at least the ceremony and buffet afterwards are booked . . .I have no idea how I'm going to get through the next year of waiting!

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards