Nevada-Las Vegas

Western themed welcome party

Of all the wedding plans - the meet & greet/welcome function for guests has been the hardest to plan.

Initially we were going to host it in suite, then we considered a Sunday afternoon on the patio of hard rock on the strip. Then we decided to have it as a Saturday night dinner at one of the restaurants/buffet on the strip. NOW we are thinking of hosting it off the strip on Saturday afternoon before the bachelor/bachelorette parties that night.

We are thinking of having a Western themed welcome party on the patio at Roadrunner Saloon on W Flamingo. I LOVE theme parties and thought this would be quite a simple theme and different from the glittery Vegas theme of our wedding reception. We would get exclusive use of the patio with our own bar area and heaps of casual seating areas which will hopefully be good for mingling.

Because its about 15-20 minutes off the strip we will be transporting guests there and back. Oriental trading have heaps of Western themed stuff so I was planning on getting cowboy hats for every guest (about $2 per hat), and neon coloured bandannas to add a pop of colour on the tables.

We are planning on hosting appetisers followed by a buffet lunch and 3 hours of booze/softdrink for the event. To tie in the theme and as a bit tongue-in-cheek we are setting up a picture wall with vintage style WANTED posters for FI and I (The Love Bandits) and our immediate family (ie parents, siblings) as the 'Outlaw Gang'. Then we are going to post a pic of my son dressed as the 'Clark County Sheriff'.

At the end of it all we will hand out our welcome bags as favours and drop guests off at their hotels on the way back to the strip as most will want to shower, change before our evening festivities.

What do you guys think of THIS idea? Any other Western Theme suggestions? Ive attached a couple of pics of Roadrunner Saloon's patio - but Im open to any other 'Western' themed restaurants anyone knows of in Vegas.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

Re: Western themed welcome party

• I would plan for later and have the festivities start there. That way everyone's together. As for decor id say more cactus. Or some of those horse head on stick things.
  • I think what you have planned sounds great!  

Have you looked into Gilly's at TI?  The space they have is huge and they have a mechanical bull!  
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • I think it sounds like a ton of fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was just going to suggest Gilly's as well. It is a country saloon. Its big. Although I dont think they  have a patio space. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They have a really small patio, maybe  5 or 6 tables.  
  • @jaime we would do later but we have a few kids and guests that wont be coming out to the bachelor / bachelorette parties. I also plan on dressing up differently for the bachelorette party ;-). I will definitely look into Gillys as an on the strip option . Thanks guys

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Gilly's is fun, we had a great meal there one night although I think it might have been because we were all smashed it tasted so good!  We were drinking plastic cowboy boots full of beer having come from watching the TI show drinking frozen cocktails in plastic skull mugs.  Oh the memories :)  What you're planning sounds great!
  • Haha funny you say that nixy cos I just found some plastic boot mugs that are now a must have for our party. Ive floated the idea with a couple of guests and they LOVE it too. So I think we are going to stick with the western theme.

Im waiting to get info back from Gilleys on their group minimums/packages.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Keep us posted!
  • @nixym - it wasn't just the drinking - the food is good!   We've eaten there a handful of times and it's been good food each time.  And the boots are awesome!  We have one in our collection of Vegas cups! 

Another western bar is Toby Keith's at Harrahs.  But I think Gilly's is more fun and a lot more room to spread out.
  • We have decided to book with the Roadrunner. Couldn't go past their $500 minimum for the private western themed patio with the standard 8.1% tax and 20% gratuity. We will have our own bar, 2 flat screen tvs and a range of table and casual seating areas. There are also no additional venue, bartender or cash grabby fees.

The food package is only $20.95 per person which includes unlimited soft drinks. Drinks for the hosted consumption bar are only $3.50 for domestic beers and $4.00 for imported beer. We have also decided to add house wine ($6.50) and well liquor ($4.95). Their well includes jim beam which is what my FI loves to drink.

Yes there is the additional expense of transporting guests but thats nothing compared to pricing this event on the strip.

Gilleys didnt get back to me but just looking at their menu we will get better bang for our buck at the roadrunner! Im now really excited about this party!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Oh man.  I wish I would've seen this earlier! Toby's is my all time favorite place they have a private room, but I don't know how much it is to book it.  Also, you can try Stoney's at Town Square (my second favorite place.  I'm actually having my baby shower at road runner.  They have the BEST mac and cheese. LOL.  I think RR will probably be the best option and cheapest.  When I lived in Vegas it was one of our go to places.  I'm excited for you, it's going to be a blast! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good work @missmo14!  And that's good to know @ktbabe530 as FI is excited to back :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards