Wedding Reception Forum

Open flames at indoor reception?

Hi all! Need some advise! I'm planning on a combination of flowers and candles as my centerpieces. I'm having a tuscan styled theme and have my heart set on these wrought iron candle holders for pillar candles. Problem is that I'm hearing that I will need to enclose the candles in some sort of hurricane cover in order to comply with the fire marshal, my questions is..... Where do I find these covers? I've looked all over. Maybe I'm just not calling them the right thing? Any assistance would be appreciated.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Open flames at indoor reception?

• Save-on-crafts, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, amazon, etsy, walmart and Dollar Tree bulk even.

I think pretty much any store that sells candles probably has these. You just mean a glass cylinder to put over the candle, yes?
  • Yes, but I'm looking for something smaller than your typical hurricane cylinder (3 inches or so diameter) for smaller pillar candles that will sit on a stand. It can't have a glass bottom because the candle stand has spikes to secure the candle with. I'm finding large hurricane covers or smaller ones with a full glass cup. Anyone?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have you considered the flameless wax ones?
  • Have you already bought these candle holders? It sounds like your best bet would be looking for different ones that already have glass.
  • I'd suggest looking for plan B.  I had holders and then tried these little holders that sit around the flame... they melted...  I ended up just returning the candle holders and buying new ones with hurricanes.  

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Have you considered the flameless wax ones?
    This - If you use the ones where there's just a glow (you don't actually see the flame) they're really pretty and you don't have to use a shield. Plus, you don't have to worry about swapping out the candles if they burn down too far during the reception.
    *********************************************************************************

• Thanks all!! Going with another option that comes with the holders.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards