Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Neutral color palette: how to keep it from being boring

I'm really attracted to neutrals (ivory, latte, chocolate brown, tan) as well as champagne and gold. But I don't want it to be boring/too uniform looking.  

How can I make my neutral palette pop? 

Re: Neutral color palette: how to keep it from being boring

• Options
    What about throwing in some colors here (either soft pastels or bright pops) or there or keeping a lot of greenery visible in your flowers? 

Otherwise, don't worry about it too much. I think browns and golds and creams can be lovely. imageimage
  • Options
    My colors were champagne, ivory, and coral. The pop of color kept the champagne and ivory from being bland.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Chocolate brown can be bold so perhaps use that to your advantage with some elements and use it to let certain elements stand out from the rest of the neutrals. . Also, consider patterns in some things like linens. Greenery with your neutral flowers would be a nice pop without necessarily introducing other colors of flowers, that is, if you're doing florals.
  • Options
    I was thinking of using beautiful moss in the centerpieces, etc, and, being a fall wedding, perhaps I could use a burnt orange or pumpkin spice color as my "pop"... Thanks for your ideas ladies! :)
  • Options
    That sounds lovely!
  • Options
    If you are having a fall wedding consider using pine cones for both texture and darker color.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    My colors are champagne, gold, and ivory. I'm using a little bit of burgundy just for some color, but I'm very excited about my color scheme. I think the neutrals are soft and romantic.
  • Options
    AprilH81 said:
    If you are having a fall wedding consider using pine cones for both texture and darker color.
    This is a good idea. I have to say though, the mention of pine cones reminded me of that scene in Stepford Wives where they're discussing how to use pine cones for holiday decorating:

*********************************************************************************

• Options
    I'd make the chocolate brown your main color and use the others as highlights.

You can also use the centerpieces, linens, and food items in your menu itself to inspire color.
  • Options
    I love neutrals, too, and I like them better for weddings because they are gender neutral--it's his wedding, too; I think it's unfair to try to drown men in a sea of hot pink. We'll be focusing on keeping complementary colors in the flowers and food as much as possible.

Patterns, contrast, metallics, different textures, varying heights, mixed metals can all add interest to your decor. I think you'll have a ton of fun designing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards