November 2013 Weddings
Options

I'm getting sick :-(

With 5 days until my bachelorette party and 12 days until our wedding...this is not good. I guess I'm off to the doctor :-(
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm getting sick :-(

• Options
    Oh no! Lots of rest and fluids! Hopefully it is just a short-lived bug. Feel better!
  • Options
    Oh no! Lots of rest and fluids! Hopefully it is just a short-lived bug. Feel better!
    Thank you so much! I'm drinking tons of water, taking honey, vitamin c, zinc and resting as much as possible. I hope it goes away quickly too!
  • Options
    I swear by Echinacea. Last year, a combo of that, garlic and emergenc spared me when my entire office got the flu! 

You still have time, just don't wear yourself down and I am sure you will recover. 
  • Options
    i work in healthcare so im exposed all the time, but this weekend i got a bad UTI, and luckily one of my docs here let me get a antibiotic shot and called me in a rx, im already feeling some better. But if i hadnt gotten this taken care off then i could have ended up in the hospital, i have previous kidney issues!      I hope you feel better soon! 
  • Options
    I swear by Echinacea. Last year, a combo of that, garlic and emergenc spared me when my entire office got the flu! 

You still have time, just don't wear yourself down and I am sure you will recover. 
    Thanks! I have some garlic pills too that I need to take. I'm very allergic to Echinacea but I wish I wasn't because it seems to work so well for others. I'm going to rest as much as possible. I have Lupus so my recovery time is sometimes slower then others but I hope this isn't one of those times. 
  • Options
    blw12987 said:
    i work in healthcare so im exposed all the time, but this weekend i got a bad UTI, and luckily one of my docs here let me get a antibiotic shot and called me in a rx, im already feeling some better. But if i hadnt gotten this taken care off then i could have ended up in the hospital, i have previous kidney issues!      I hope you feel better soon! 
    I'm glad you're feeling better. I kidney problems due to Lupus so I totally understand. That is absolutely no fun. I'm glad you were able to get what you needed. 
  • Options
    I found out 2 weeks ago today that I'm pregnant. I've had morning sickness everyday- all day. I got 12 days til the wedding. I'm really praying I feel good the day of the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Thanks! I have some garlic pills too that I need to take. I'm very allergic to Echinacea but I wish I wasn't because it seems to work so well for others. I'm going to rest as much as possible. I have Lupus so my recovery time is sometimes slower then others but I hope this isn't one of those times. 
    Aww no :( Well, I'm sure with rest and lots of fluids you will be just fine since you still have almost 2 weeks. Garlic is really good though! It always helps boost my immune system. 
  • Options

Aww no :( Well, I'm sure with rest and lots of fluids you will be just fine since you still have almost 2 weeks. Garlic is really good though! It always helps boost my immune system. 
    Thanks! I would love to feel 100% for my bachelorette party because I know my sister has put a lot into it. 
  • Options
    IloveshanejIloveshanej member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited October 2013
    ginter27 said:
    I found out 2 weeks ago today that I'm pregnant. I've had morning sickness everyday- all day. I got 12 days til the wedding. I'm really praying I feel good the day of the wedding.
    Congrats. Ask your OB for something for nausea. My FI and I have been trying to have a baby for 16 months so I wouldn't mind that kind of sickness but it's still no fun. 
  • Options
    ginter27 said:
    yay!! congrats mommy to be @ginter27

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options
    ginter27 said:
    Congrats on being pregnant! I was second PP to contact your OBGYN and see what they can give you or what you can do to minimize morning sickness. 
  • Options

Thanks everyone! I have my first Dr appt. tomorrow so I'm hoping they can give me some relief.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ginter27 said:

Thanks everyone! I have my first Dr appt. tomorrow so I'm hoping they can give me some relief.

Zofran and phenergan worked for me. I tried everything else before that. Good luck!
  • Options
    They should be able to get you zofran at least.  It comes in a pill that will dissolve under your tongue so you don't even have to take a sip of water if you're that nauseous.

CONGRATS!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    My doc gave me the royal treatment. Antibiotics, a steriod shot and the good cough syrup. I hope it knocks this crud out quickly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards