October 2014 Weddings

Hello!!!

Hello. 
I Finally just got engaged yesterday, and am excited to started planning our wedding. Really kinda terrified. I don't know where to start, what I really want or which direction I should begin in. I would love to get married in 6 months but that is to short of a time frame for me to plan a romantic wedding of my dreams. I want to keep a reasonable budget but make it memorable. I think that a year away might be best. 
There are so many wonderful ideas out there. I know I will need to settle in on one and go with it. 
How is everyone else dealing with this?
What is a good place to start building upon or around?
Thank you for all and any ideas. 

Re: Hello!!!

• Welcome and congratulations!  I know I already recommended this on another discussion board, but I think a great place to start is with a guest list, and then a venue. 

The number of guests you want to have might determine a venue size for you, and finding a venue could help you determine the date (based on their availability).

Congrats again and have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome! Stylistically, I got a lot of inspiration from Pinterest and the inspiration section on here. I knew I wanted deep purple (and that was really all I knew haha) so I just went from there. There are a lot of helpful planning tools online that suggest do-able planning timelines so you aren't bombarded and freaking out :)

PP is right, figure out a rough estimate of guests so you can start looking at venues soon. Their available dates might help guide your other decisions. Another thing I'd recommend is to talk to friends/family members who are recently married in your area and see if there are any vendors they'd recommend (or any you should stay away from). A friend of mine gave me great leads on a few of my vendors!

• Thank you ladies for the ideas. I will use them as I start planning. 
  • Before you even look at a venue or guest list you need to sit down with your FI and figure out a budget. Will you and your FI be paying for the wedding, will either of your families help. From there you can then decide how small or big your wedding can be. 

Unfortunately your budget dictates everything. Once thats settled start with your venue and guest list. 

Hope this helps. :) 
  • I dread the thought of coming up with a budget. I want to keep it simple and small, but the more I look around at everything I want to do a wee bit more. I agree however, a budget is a must.
    We, as a couple, will be paying for the wedding alone. There is a debt I want to pay off first before I start really spending on this wedding. My fiancé backs me up on this. I can pay off my debt in a few months. Its like a motivation. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards