Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Do I register?

Both fiance and I are in our late 40's and both of us have been married before.  Our wedding will probably be family and very close friends...a casual, outdoor, summer wedding.   I'm not expecting gifts but that doesn't mean that people won't ask ... and give.  Do we register?  And for what types of gifts do we register for?

Re: Do I register?

• Options
    A small registry is always suggested, but it's not necessary.

If you do register, do so to upgrade your current items.

Matching everyday glassware sets to replace your mismatched sets.
    Crystal stemware
    All of the fun styles of beer/cocktail glasses
    Silverware
    New/matching serving utensils
    Platters or other entertaining pieces
    New towels and sheets
    Updates blender/coffee maker/griddle/toaster oven

Easy :-)
  • Options
    What @itzMS said.  Having a registry doesn't mean you expect gifts, it's to give guests who want to get you something an idea of what you'd like.
  • Options
    I was where you were: small wedding, FI's 2nd marriage, we already live together. We had decided not to register. After the 20th person asked me what they should get us I just said forget it and I'm going to do a small registry. We are going to register for some upgrades to things like silverware, towels, throw rugs, etc. I also have a few nice serving pieces that I would like. Hopefully when I go I will find some other stuff to add on there.
  • Options
    Thanks guys!   I feel kinda silly registering but you guys brought up some good suggestions.  Here I was wondering what we were going to do with duplicates in the kitchen and wasnt' even thinking about mismatched items.  Combining two households is not going to be easy. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards