Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Just Engaged - Wedding in Fall of 2014 in IL,WI, or IN - HELP!

First poster here, but I am doing so per the recommendation of my best friend and "knottie" who has sworn by this forum along with the nest and the bump!

So here goes!!

Newly engaged as of last week and the fiance and I would ideally like to plan a wedding in September or October of 2014.  We are looking to celebrate our nuptials in a unique, rustic setting.  Read: NO banquet halls, conference centers, hotels, country clubs, etc..  I'm just over it, as I struggle to tell the difference between all of these more traditional affairs.  Another note?  I have a groomzilla on my hands ladies.  While I would be happy eloping on a beach in the middle of the ocean somewhere, my fiance is more interested in pleasing the masses with an "event."  So I need help!  

I want to spend under $15k TOTAL on the whole shebang.  And frankly even that number gives me extreme anxiety.  I could probably avoid nightmares if we keep it closer to $10k.  Availability of affordable venues along the lines of estate grounds, farms, or orchards during the fall months of next year is already EXTREMELY limited.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Has anyone in the IL/WI/IN area been to a wedding in a locale like the above that was just the perfect combination of classy and casual?

I am open to any and all suggestions.. I already submitted an inquiry to a wedding planner in a moment of weakness.  But I know I can do this!! :)

Thank you!!

Re: Just Engaged - Wedding in Fall of 2014 in IL,WI, or IN - HELP!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards