Wedding Reception Forum

Bouquet and Garter toss questions?

We are thinking about doing both, but I want to preserve my bouquet, and I'd like to keep the garter too...How do you get them back after? Or do you use different ones for that?

Re: Bouquet and Garter toss questions?

• I think it would just be awkward to toss something and then be like "Excuse me, can you give me back that thing you just caught and thought you 'won'?".
    Either way, if you want to keep your bouquet, I would not toss it because it might get damaged.  You can get a tossing bouquet or toss one of your BM's bouquets instead.  
    As for the garter, you can get a more plain one to toss so you can keep your actual garter.  
  • You can have the florist make a toss bouquet, usually a smaller, simpler version of the one you carry.  Or you can do what my friend did, they just bought some cut flowers that matched the wedding flowers and tied them together with ribbon.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• mysticl said:
    You can have the florist make a toss bouquet, usually a smaller, simpler version of the one you carry.  Or you can do what my friend did, they just bought some cut flowers that matched the wedding flowers and tied them together with ribbon.  
    That is what we did, my florist actually included the toss bouquet for free. I would ask your florist about it!
    1385876 10200959833108451 1467805166 n
  • Your florist will typically make you a small toss bouquet for you to throw if you ask them to.

Also, with many garters they come in a set.  One is larger and fancier which is the one you keep, while the other is thinner and less fancy which is the one your groom throws.

• maryemoo said:
    We are thinking about doing both, but I want to preserve my bouquet, and I'd like to keep the garter too...How do you get them back after? Or do you use different ones for that?
    You use different ones. Florists usually give you a toss bouquet for free- $10. Garters you can buy either a pack that comes with two already or just buy a simple plain white one for the toss. I bought my garter (and throw) together and it cost me $6. It was 1/2 off though at Hobby Lobby.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • my florist included a toss bouquet with my actual bouquet and as for the garter if you want get two so you can keep one and toss one.  At first I wanted to keep it but then as I closer I figured really when will I ever use this again? I have a cute picture of it in my book and that is good enough keepsake.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards