New Jersey

Wedding Favors - Art Prints

My aunt is an artist and she has offered to make prints for our wedding favors (similar to a painting). She made these for my sister's wedding and they were gorgeous. My sister chose to do a print of the church where they were married (which was also on their college campus). I am trying to decide on an idea for my wedding -  I want something that is not only personal but also something that people would actually hang in their homes. Has anyone went this route with favors before? Any ideas?

Re: Wedding Favors - Art Prints

• Thanks! St. Teresa of Avila in Summit with the reception at the Park Savoy in Florham Park - June 2014
  • kgrazu01 said:
    Thanks! St. Teresa of Avila in Summit with the reception at the Park Savoy in Florham Park - June 2014
    I'm getting married at St. Teresa's too!!!! May 17th!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @FutureMrsN3312 who is your priest?
  • edited October 2013
  • kgrazu01 said:
    My aunt is an artist and she has offered to make prints for our wedding favors (similar to a painting). She made these for my sister's wedding and they were gorgeous. My sister chose to do a print of the church where they were married (which was also on their college campus). I am trying to decide on an idea for my wedding -  I want something that is not only personal but also something that people would actually hang in their homes. Has anyone went this route with favors before? Any ideas?
    Art is very subjective.  I would not hang a print of a church (especially one that has no significance for me) in my house.  The chances of me hanging a piece of art would be better if it was something more neutral (ie. scenic).  Is there a landmark in the town you're getting married in?  Some type of scenic view that is characteristic to the area (ie waterfall, covered bridge, etc...)

Also noting, my DH wouldn't appreciate this favor.  I'm not sure many men would.  This is why we generally say edible is best......most everyone appreciates it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards