Wedding Etiquette Forum

Parking Information - How to tell my guests?

I'm getting married in a park, and the parking area that's closest to where the ceremony is going to be is in a pretty specific location. I typed up some directions to the spot on our wedding website, but is it rude of me to point people to the website when they ask me about it? I don't want to feel like I'm just trying to get page views for our website, but I did go to the trouble to put the info there. Some of my family members, I've just been giving them directions and THEN saying "If you didn't catch that, or if you want something you can print, this info is also on our site," but should I tell everyone that, or just tell them the info is on the site to begin with?
Anniversary

Re: Parking Information - How to tell my guests?

• I would put it on the website and print out paper maps and send those with your invitations.
  • I always use people websites and have a terrible memory so this would work for me-Can you also put signs up in the park for that day directing people?
  • lauralee1723lauralee1723 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited October 2013
    Well, my wedding is in three days, so...

ETA: I really do wish I had thought of this way back when I did the invitations!!
    Anniversary
  • MrsLillyG said:
    I always use people websites and have a terrible memory so this would work for me-Can you also put signs up in the park for that day directing people?

I was thinking about doing this too, but the problem is that the area where people need to park is in a residential area that opens to the park, it's not the main road that follows the park that most people would park alongside. So if someone drives to the park and sees a sign, they'll have to turn around and go pretty far out of the way, so I'd like for people to know where to park beforehand. I really wish I had thought of this when I sent the invitations out, but none of us really thought about it until just a few days ago!
    Anniversary
  • MrsLillyG said:
    I always use people websites and have a terrible memory so this would work for me-Can you also put signs up in the park for that day directing people?

I was thinking about doing this too, but the problem is that the area where people need to park is in a residential area that opens to the park, it's not the main road that follows the park that most people would park alongside. So if someone drives to the park and sees a sign, they'll have to turn around and go pretty far out of the way, so I'd like for people to know where to park beforehand. I really wish I had thought of this when I sent the invitations out, but none of us really thought about it until just a few days ago!
    So why not put the signs directing them where they would need to turn to get to parking, and directing them to the ceremony from there, rather than starting the signs at the park?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MrsLillyG said:

So if someone just mapquested it or used the GPS they would be on the main road of the park?  Would they even find the entrance if it's through a residential area?  I'd email the directions to everyone you can or call them.  As a guest, I'd appreciate all of the info.....I hate rushing or arriving late, especially when the directions were not provided or not clear.
  • Is the parking is in a residential area, ie on the streets? I sure hope the resident don't mind and that your ceremony isn't too big!  Also I would consider getting that neon colored paper that people use for garage/yard sales.  Maybe one close to your wedding color if possible, and make arrows out of them to direct the guests.  Then you can put "Larualee's new last name" wedding. 

I would also e-mail/call everyone you can and give them directions then. 

• I would definitely make signs pointing to it for guests.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards