New York-Hudson Valley

Low Guest Minimum Venue

Hello everyone!  My name is Heather.   I'm newly engaged, just 10 days!  My fiancee, Frank & I are planning/hoping for a Fall 2014 wedding.  We are also just settling into our new home.  I was going to wait on looking for a venue, but with Fall being so popular, I knew I had to get busy.  

We have a dilemma.... we are likely going to have a low guest count at our wedding, probably around 100 when responses come in.  We are finding many places require 125 (which there is some hope of reaching) or 150 (which we will never reach).

Can anyone recommend quality venues that have a low guest minimum?  I would ideally love something with a great view of the Hudson Valley, since we are planning a Fall 2014 wedding.  We are open to venues in Rockland, Orange, Putnam & Duchess counties.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Low Guest Minimum Venue

• Hi! If you have a Friday or Sunday wedding your min. guest is usually lower. For those nights F.E.A.S.T at Roundhill, Chalet on the Hudson, The Grandview-the outdoor tent, Dutchess Manor are all either 100 or under. I'm pretty sure the guest min at Dutchess Manor and Chalet on the Hudson is low even on Saturday nights as well. Maybe some places will let you add upgrades until you meet the same price as the guest minimum. Hope this helps!

• The Links at Unionvale
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Congratulations!

Guest minimum at Villa Borghese is 80 people. I know Mohonk Mountain House has super low minimums, but I dont remember the exact number. 

See you on the Fall 2014 board!
  • Thanks everyone!  I'll be sure to check into these venues.  Hopefully will have a date set soon!
  • Congrats!  I booked the Overlook Lodge at Bear Mountain for our upcoming spring wedding.   The min is 65.  They also hold weddings in the merry go round room, with a low min requirement.  Views from the lodge are great...view of both the lake and hudson.     I haven't tasted the food yet, but reviews online were great and so far they have been great to work with.  
  • Thanks for the info!  I couldn't bring myself to look at Bear Mountain.  Too many high school events held there!  I did finally settle on The Fountains at Wallkill.  Beautiful & will accommodate 100 on a Friday or Sunday.  We chose Friday.
  • someone just asked the same question in CT ... lol.
    Try bank streets its in downtown CT ... i know it's not NY but it's about 20min.  
    I looked at this place and they don't have a minimum guest policy.

• Try the Seaport in Nyack. I went to a wedding there last year that was 75 people. 

I just booked Mohunk. They host small weddings too. I think their smaller dinning room holds up to 75?
  • highlands is 75min
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards