Favors
Options

Koozies

I've been trying to think of wedding favors to give out that people will actually be able to use and not accidentally leave on the table. We've been tinkering with the idea of having koozies with our names, the wedding date, and an outline of North Carolina on one side and on the other side it will say "Eat, Drink, and be Married."  The eat, drink, and be married is also printed on match books and bar napkins, so it follows along with other decor we are incorporating. 
My question is - are koozies a tacky favor? We're both recently graduated and our guests would be able to use them at the wedding and beyond. Thanks for your input!

Re: Koozies

• Options
    I wouldn't take one. I don't even know anyone that uses koozies. If I did use one, I wouldn't want it to have your names and your wedding date on it.

Edible favors are by far the best.

• Options
    I will be honest and say I have asked all my DDs (pre-emptively) to please not use koozies for a favor because I think they are tacky.
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I think DH and I might have some awesome football shaped koozies that we got from a Packers game. They're somewhere in a drawer or cabinet...unused. Maybe we threw them out lol. I don't remember. Get my point? No one will use them. Even those of us that kinda sorta think they're fun will never use them. Save you money.
  • Options
    I do not drink out of cans unless I go somewhere and that's all they have. But I would never intentionally bring my Koozie with me, so I would have no need of one. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_koozies-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:da0be66f-1c82-4f33-87ac-5e368ab2dcb6Post:1c599e16-3ad5-4d7a-9895-64fccd942e03">Koozies</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been trying to think of wedding favors to give out that people will actually be able to use and not accidentally leave on the table. We've been tinkering with the idea of having koozies with our names, the wedding date, and an outline of North Carolina on one side and on the other side it will say "Eat, Drink, and be Married."  The eat, drink, and be married is also printed on match books and bar napkins, so it follows along with other decor we are incorporating.  My question is - are koozies a tacky favor? We're both recently graduated and our guests would be able to use them at the wedding and beyond. Thanks for your input!
    Posted by emcclellan[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>We would not take the koozies.  Edible really is best.  And if you don't go edible, please don't personalize the favors.  Nobody wants a favor with someone else's name on it.

</div>
  • Options
    Skip it.  We went to a wedding that had these as favors.  They used red solo cups to serve the drinks, so the koozies went on everyone's drinks.  Not sure how many got accidently thrown out.  We brought one home, but it's not something that we use on the regular.  Go with an edible favor.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_koozies-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:da0be66f-1c82-4f33-87ac-5e368ab2dcb6Post:1c599e16-3ad5-4d7a-9895-64fccd942e03">Koozies</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been trying to think of wedding favors to give out that people will actually be able to use and not accidentally leave on the table. We've been tinkering with the idea of having koozies with our names, the wedding date, and an outline of North Carolina on one side and on the other side it will say "Eat, Drink, and be Married."  The eat, drink, and be married is also printed on match books and bar napkins, so it follows along with other decor we are incorporating.  My question is - are koozies a tacky favor? We're both recently graduated and our guests would be able to use them at the wedding and beyond. Thanks for your input!
    Posted by emcclellan[/QUOTE]

I strongly dislike the idea of koozies. I would not take. When is your wedding and what are your themes or interests? Since you mention the shape of your state, I'll just note that I'm doing wooden ornaments that are laser cutouts of our state.

Link: <a href="http://www.laserkrafts.com/images/DSC00071.JPG" rel="nofollow">http://www.laserkrafts.com/images/DSC00071.JPG</a>

If you give me more details, I can come up with some other ideas too.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    Another vote for skipping koozies. I do think they are a little on the tacky side. And generally, unless its your parents, people don't want forever keepsakes from your wedding.
  • Options
    The audience at my wedding reception would love koozies.  My fiance and I enjoy koozies at our home (even for our soda!).  If you think the majority of attendees at your reception would enjoy them - then go for it! 
  • Options
    Is there something more personal to you as a couple?  I would not take a koozie.  I have a drawer full that I either threw away when I moved or should have.  If you both love to eat, drink, be merry...what about something you love to eat?  Local maple syrup, local candy, mini bottle from local distillery...almost anything else really...
  • Options
    I guess I am one of the few that love koozies as well!! We have a ton at home and use them all the time as well @shelbykeck

Let me know OP if you have a good website for them. 
  • Options
    We are getting koozies for our wedding guests but mainly because part of our wedding involves a 2hr double decker bus tour. They dont allow any glass on the bus and I like to have a koozie if im going to drink out of a can.

Im not going to be upset if guests throw them out after the bus ride because they would serve their purpose. I know a few guests (mainly family) who will keep theirs.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Options
    I agree with most of the posts. Pass on the koosie.
  • Options
    I personally don't care for them. But if the bulk of your guests are into things like that, it would work. I think it's a matter of knowing your crowd and what will go over well.
  • Options
    staar987 said:
    I wouldn't take one. I don't even know anyone that uses koozies. If I did use one, I wouldn't want it to have your names and your wedding date on it.

Edible favors are by far the best.
    I gotta say we definitely use koozies. My entire family, FI's entire family, everyone uses koozies. That being said, I agree that no one wants one with someone else's name and wedding date on them.

One more vote for edible favors.
     Visit The Knot!                                           image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards