African American Weddings

Wedding Style...

How did you ladies determine your wedding style?

I'm a vibe-e person and want our wedding to have an overall feel and style to it. But I'm having the hardest time determining a sense of style. I see to many things that I like and would to add...uuuggghhh...maybe I need to step away for a minute.

Re: Wedding Style...

• Hmmmmm.... I guess my wedding style will refect my personal style. Understated elegance, kicked up a notch because it's my wedding.  FI style is similar as well.  That incoporated into our fall color scheme.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we dont really have a style.. 
    i am flashy loud and in your face 
    yella boi is quiet and reserved til you get to know him he is laid back... 

i wanted to do a theme but he shot that down.... 
    so its going to be a classy bling affair i guess... at least that is what i am hoping for 
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cideficidefi member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited October 2013
    @island07b2b that sounds like. I am always in mom mode. Flat hair, jeans or scrubs, t-shirts or hoodies, or my work uniform. I never wear makeup unless I'm going somewhere adultish, I'm even breaking down on wearing heels and I love heels. I want to be me on my wedding day but extra fabulous!!! Imma decompress because I'm putting too much pressure on me.
  • Im plain too but FI is know for his extravagance. Like luxury cars and expensive clothes he is alsi an excelent host and mixes drinks and is the party man. Haha we are opposite I love all of that stuff too but I'm too cheap. Anyway, our wedding will have to have a classy, modern feel. Im not sure how to accomplish that
  • im not exactly sure what our style is i think more tropical and modern sleek and like of miami like with a splash of traditional.. the theme.. i couldnt think that far so im thinking the theme is hey lets get married..lol

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • cideficidefi member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited October 2013
    @Senecaf that's my problem...so much to choose from and I don't know what to pick or how to accomplish what I want. Hell right now I don't know what I want really...LoL. Imma get it together
  • Sounds like you may need to step away for a min and refresh your palate.  You have a ways to go till your wedding and there will be so many new things coming your way!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • It will all come together!
  • My wedding style is Romantic Shabby Chic.... I saw that style and fell in love with just the sheer romance settings..

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• edited October 2013
    i didn't have a style. I had objectives. 1. get married 2. get drunk. I accomplished #2 before #1. Kinda failed. but tis life. I think as you go, you will get more and more ideas. I would just look around before setting anything in stone, otherwise you'll be $500 in wanting to change things up, because trends change, styles change, and you'll want to incorporate different ideas. ask @misstira I think she must've changed her colors about 6 times in the last 8 months lol :P

p.s. you don't have to have a "theme" like rustic woods, vintage books, cinderella story, or whatever. I learned that when i first started knotting. Everyone had a theme, you're colors are just as much a theme as anything else, just make sure everythings flowin together and you don't have seashell centerpieces and snowglobes or somethin cray cray
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • LMAO...I thought getting married and getting drunk was a given!!! Apparently I gotta add them to the "to do" list too. I'm just researching right now. Don't plan on shelling out any money until sometime in 2014. I'm such a Plain Jane that anything and everything that looks good is what I want and its all just so overwhelming.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards