November 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding gifts!

Are you exchanging gifts with your future husband?

I asked FI for a monogram necklace with my new initials.

I designed a custom bow tie for him through a bow tie company a friend owns.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding gifts!

• Options
    We aren't exchanging gifts. FI and I talked about it and figure we have plenty of anniversaries ahead of us :) 

We mostly decided that because neither of us knew that was a thing people did till earlier this month and didn't want to worry about it. 

@button6004 your gifts sounds really cute and personal! 
  • Options
    We're probably not doing gifts, but doing cards instead.

• Options
    I got him some lights for the wrangler and he got me a necklace I had been wanting.  We're both really bad at buying gifts so for birthdays and christmas we usually go shopping together and get each other gifts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • Options

We aren't exchanging gifts. FI and I talked about it and figure we have plenty of anniversaries ahead of us :) 

We mostly decided that because neither of us knew that was a thing people did till earlier this month and didn't want to worry about it. 

@button6004 your gifts sounds really cute and personal! 
    Our wedding day is our 6 year dating anniversary so it's a combined wedding/anniversary gift :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Nope, we don't want one more thing to do!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're not really exchanging gifts, but I'm surprising FI with a groom's cake. 
  • Options
    We decided not to do gifts, but we are writing letters to each other.  It started last year on our first Christmas together (we were dating 6 mths, then engaged for a year) where instead of exchanging gifts we wrote letters.  We have them in a special type of envelope in our safe so that we can pull them out each Christmas to read.  We'll just add these to the envelope!
  • Options
    I'm buying him a gun. A fancy one that can be a tradition passed down to our children. Getting it engraved too and then he's getting a necklace, earrings and braclet set for the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are getting each other gifts. I don't know what he is getting me, but my dad and I are building my FI a custom gaming desk, and I am getting him a new gaming keyboard that he has been eyeing. :)
  • Options
    We are getting each other gifts. He has been wanting a Mac for as long as I could remember so I saved and saved and got him a MacBook Air can't wait to see his face.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got FI some sterling silver cuff links from Brooks Brothers that he likes and I have no idea what he is getting me. We will probably exchange gifts before the ceremony but separately since we won't be seeing each other until the ceremony. My parents got him a humidor which apparently is going to be really nice! I can't wait to see that!
  • Options
    No clue if he's getting me anything but I got him a burberry watch.. I'd love a new necklace with my new initials on it!! But I didn't ask if he was planning on getting me anything. Not even sure of he knows that's what some do:) lol
  • Options
    We're not exchanging gifts because I am horrible at stuff like this so we decided to skip it. We might write each other a note or something. At this point, I feel like if I add anything else to my to do list, I might loose my mind.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My FI got me string of pearls from Shaw's- I had wanted to get a pair for the wedding so this worked out good. I had custom decoys made for my FI- a matching female/male pair.
  • Options

I got my fiance cufflinks with his monogram (to wear with his tux and he also has a couple of French cuff shirts) and a men's handkerchief embroidered with a phrase that's meaningful to us along with the wedding date. I can't decide if I want to give them to him at the rehearsal dinner so I can see him when he opens it or send it to him via a bridesmaid on the wedding day.

I've dropped a very specific hint that he should get me a wedding charm for my charm bracelet. He's not big on spending money on greeting cards but I told him a card was not optional this time...and then I realized how hard it is to find a card from the bride to the groom! I persevered and found something I like that wasn't ugly, lol.

• Options
    We aren't exchanging gifts, but I did get him a tiny Tardis keychain (he is a big Doctor Who fan, and our wedding is the day of the 50th anniversary special).  Apparently there was an episode when the Doctor brought the Tardis to a wedding as the something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue.  One of my bridesmaids is also a big Doctor Who nerd so she told me I needed to get him a tiny Tardis :)
  • Options

Yes we are exchanging gifts. I'm a huge gift giver and love shopping for the perfect gift for others. I've gotten him a bunch of little things and one very big thing, which represent important parts of our relationship, or that have to do with some of our favourite things.

• A nativity set similar to one my parents had, which he loved, and we love Christmas
    • 2 Christmas ornaments, one a snowflake (going with a winter theme for the wedding, even though it's November as we love winter and can sometimes get snow in Nov, here's hoping) and one in the shape of the Castle at Disneyland as that was the place that our relationship started.
    • A Dinosaur print, from the late 1800's, as he loves art and dinosaurs.
    • A bunch of books (journal for the honeymoon, Kama Sutra, a couple of relationship books, and a book about the Goonies, which is our all time favourite movie)
    • A Wedgewood decretive plate commemorating our wedding day
    • A Mickey and Minnie figurine that says "and they live happily ever after"

All the littler gifts are wrapped and in a basket, and the big nativity set and the dino print will be wrapped separate. I'm so excited for him to get these presents, but I think I went just a little bit overboard!

Wedding Countdown Ticker:)

• Options
    I plan on getting him a gift, but haven't discussed him getting anything for me. Only problem is, I still haven't figured out what to get him! I just haven't seen anything that I really think would be a good, meaningful present, and I only have two weeks left! :/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards