Not Engaged Yet

I'm soo annoyed!

I went into the jewellers yesterday to have a diamond ring I've had for decades made into a pendant, which I'll give to my BF's daughter as a MOH gift. What makes me annoyed is that we ordered my engagement ring September 21, was told it would take six weeks. No problem, except when I went in yesterday, I was told, " oh, somebody dropped the ball, and we just ordered it and put a rush on It." WTF? REALLY? It will be in before Christmas, I was told. I really hope so, he is planning to propose around Christmas!! Couple of side notes, when we discussed getting married, I let him know that I would be asking his daughter to be MOH, and I will not be asking or requiring her to wear the pendant. I'm one of the wear what makes you feel comfortable types:)

Re: I'm soo annoyed!

• Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, my iPad is paragraphically challenged
  • That does suck, but you can be engaged without a ring.  
  • I know EXACTLY how you feel! When my FI got my ring, it was the generic size that you get in store, a 6.5. When I took it back to get resized, they assured me my ring could be sized down to a 4.25. Two days later they call me and tell me it cannot be resized down that much and they would have to order a whole new ring. OMG, I was furious. It took two months for a new ring to come in.
  • Although I know it's annoying at this point in time (bad customer service is always annoying), just remember that it really doesn't matter if you get engaged this month, next month, or in 2 years in the long run.  You'll still end up together in the end.

In other news, if the customer service is that bad with an engagement ring, I'd go elsewhere to get a diamond made into a pennant.  I also can't believe you're thinking about bridesmaid gifts before you're engaged - my wedding's in 6 months or so and I haven't even thought of gifts...
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @blue and white - she's just that special :). Yeah, I'm going to go elsewhere now.
    The other thing is that we both work in the bush, so we take advantage of time in town to check things out. 
    @ doeydo, you're right, thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards