Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Need Decorating Ideas

I've figured out that the general theme I'm going for is "French Flower Market."

I'm French and I always wanted a garden/flowery/whimsical like type of wedding, so put the two together and that's what I came up with.

We have these for centerpieces

Tall tin/steel buckets with peach/ivory/light pink flowers, small/dark/square with a green pomander (I bought the pomanders with intentions of hanging them from the walls, but turns out my venue won't allow anything to be hung/attached from the walls, so I had to repurpose those) and mason jar candles. I still haven't finalized what they will be filled with, but that general concept.

NOW, I need help deciding how to carry out this theme throughout the rest of the space.
We're limited in that we cannot hang/drape anything from the walls or ceiling. Our venue overlooks an amazing garden, but it'll probably be covered in snow in April anyways. It's a relatively modern feeling space. Here are pics..

Any free-standing decorating ideas??

Re: Need Decorating Ideas

• Options
    I'm sure you could find a prop rental company and get some artificial trees/ferns/topiaries.

Your venue might even have some suggestions.

I really think your venue is beautiful as is!
  • Options
    I'd make the linens on tables fit in with your theme. Maybe more of that pale, dusty pink, burlap perhaps if you'd like to go more rustic, or something a little more fancy/frilly to bring the "French" theme in. 

I wouldn't drape the walls anyway - those windows are gorgeous. But if you really want some draping, you might look into "pipe and drape" - find a company that will bring in freestanding "walls" (just pipes) that are then draped so that it looks like the walls themselves are draped. But really, I don't think it's necessary to do that. 

If you can get some topiaries in there, I think that'd look beautiful. Lanterns would also be really pretty - you might be able to get some to hang on shepherd's hooks near the entrances or something like that. Or even just have lanterns as alternate centerpieces - maybe sitting on a bed of moss with some flowers to tie those pinks and ivories in with the other flowers?

Uplighting in a soft amber shade would probably tone down the modern look, soften it up a bit. 
  • Options
    Your venue and the centerpieces are lovely.

I agree with the above recommendations. However, since you have such a "high" space to fill, you might want to look into renting some wrought iron or resin columns to put under every other table's buckets to raise them a bit to fill that space. With it being fall, a lot of the online retailers (Target, KMart, Walmart, etc) are selling their garden accessories at discounted prices. It might be cheaper to locate such a "riser" for sale than rental.
  • Options
    Thanks for the wonderful ideas, ladies!  I will definitely look into risers. That's a genius idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards