Attire & Accessories Forum

Bridesmaid dresses

So i first decided on doing kelly green for my bridesmaid dresses and other colors. But i have been re-thinking it. I think i have decided on doing purple cream with some gold accents. But i have been looking for something different for the dresses since all of my bridesmaid are different sizes and what not.

But i was thinking of either doing a soild purple dress, but since i starting searching i have been finding really cute print dresses for the spring and was wondering what everyone thought about prints instead of solid purple dresses. Here are a few pictures so you can see what im talking about. PLease give me some feed back. Thanks!!

We are having a april 29th,2011 outdoor ceremony with indoor reception. Very casual though.

Re: Bridesmaid dresses

• Prints are fine.

But have the BMs try on a few different dresses (colors, styles) before you get your heart set on anything. The most important thing is that it has to look good on THEM.

When in doubt, put them in a neutral color (black, beige/champagne, brown, grey, black and white, gold or silver, solid white if you want) and use their flowers to add color. Maybe jewelry or a sash or a wrap, too.
  • I don't like those specific prints. I like the last dress the most. I think prints are a good idea because you can use other colors for shoes other than purple and gold. and the girls might wear them again too. You might want to think about finding dresses with short sleeves too because it isn't exactly hot in April.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love the last two dresses you've shown. Prints are cool, because they can be worn again without looking like bridesmaids dresses, but then I'd make the flowers all the same color. Cool ideas, though! I think you're on the right track!
  • I like the first two solid dresses!  I presonally don't like those two prints.  They also seem like they might be a little short a BM dress.
  • I like the idea of a print, but large prints are not flattering on every body shape and those are pretty large. Make sure you try them on your bridesmaids. And I'd personally second looking for something a little longer like the first two.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards