Chit Chat

Seriously amazing! - Ohio State Marching Band

I was in the marching band in high school and we were lucky if we kept in straight lines.  This to me is just amazing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/27/ohio-state-marching-band-hollywood-jurassic-park_n_4167932.html

Re: Seriously amazing! - Ohio State Marching Band

• Yes!  I saw this the other day!  I marched in High School and in College, we actually performed the same arrangement of the Jurassic Park theme music the fall after the movie came out-crap, I just realized how old I am.  As a Michigan fan, it's tough for me to say this, but the marching band program at OSU is outstanding.  So much hard work on the part of the students and all of their support staff, amazing musicianship and execution.  And let's not forget, at the collegiate level, you usually prepare a new show every 1-2 weeks.  Yup, I'm a proud band geek.  Thanks for sharing!
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • I watched it yesterday. I like the Michael Jackson tribute when they made him moonwalk.
  • The Video Games one they did is really fantastic, too.
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • I liked their "Country AND Western" themed one too!
  • radleyboo said:
    The Video Games one they did is really fantastic, too.
    I loved their video game one.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I was there! We have the coolest band director ever, I've met him. I wasn't in the band at OSU, but a lot of my friends were and I love that being in the band actually makes you cool at OSU. Halftime is just exciting as the game. So proud of my alma mater! Just had to say it :-p

radleyboo I know how tough it is to admit for a UM fan ;)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Sorry, I know this is an old thread, but I got excited when I saw it.  My FI was in OSUMB from 2008-2011, so he wasn't a part of these specific shows mentioned above, but he was still in a lot of great shows with them!  Here is a link to the video from when he dotted the i in 2011 (huge honor for members of OSUMB): 

Right around the 1:50 mark is where his 20 seconds of fame begin, haha.  And ditto what @photokitty said, @radleyboo!  I have been to the Big House for an OSU-Michigan game and it was quite the experience!
  • Sorry, I know this is an old thread, but I got excited when I saw it.  My FI was in OSUMB from 2008-2011, so he wasn't a part of these specific shows mentioned above, but he was still in a lot of great shows with them!  Here is a link to the video from when he dotted the i in 2011 (huge honor for members of OSUMB): 

Right around the 1:50 mark is where his 20 seconds of fame begin, haha.  And ditto what @photokitty said, @radleyboo!  I have been to the Big House for an OSU-Michigan game and it was quite the experience!
    That is SO awesome!

I remember when I was a kid and my dad telling me about the Ohio marching band and about the "i-dotter" and I just thought it was so cool!
  • @photokitty We were at that game too!  We got last minute tickets and ended up in the Penn State section.  lol
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • AprilH81 said:
    @photokitty We were at that game too!  We got last minute tickets and ended up in the Penn State section.  lol
    Nice April! Hope you gave 'em heck ;)
    Sammyantha13. I rarely miss a home game. The last was for my best friend's MIL's funeral. We got Navy tix - super pumped to go to Baltimore for that game!!

• @photokitty do you have season tickets?  If you ever need to get rid of any let me know, we are almost always up for a game and we will buy them from you.  :)
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • @aprilh81 I get ticket (typically season) from a friend. I also get them through my two alumni groups. One club might have a pair or two for the Va Tech game, if you are interested. But it's a premium game and tickets are $116, plus a small donation to the scholarship fund or dues to the club. The other club is selling UC, but I'm not sure where sales are for them. They are $95 each and include the club's tailgate (face $85).

• I was in marching band in high school (drummer freshman year, guard/weapons soph-senior), and I love seeing the awesome things marching bands are doing! I live close enough to my old HS that I can hear the band rehearsing and get all nostalgic. I sadly opted not to march in college because I couldn't fathom joining a program that didn't audition (I was snobby, my top college choices were all big marching schools but were too expensive for me). However, my alma mater made me proud over the last year - appearances at the VS fashion show, the Super Bowl pre-game, AND on Fallon's first episode hosting "The Tonight Show"!
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards