Wedding Woes

Pass the coffee

The bleeping cat pissed in our bed yesterday.  Of course we don't find it until bedtime.  So we stripped the bed and treated the spot and headed off to separate couches.  It wasn't terrible except walking a flight of steps when Max woke up every 2 hrs.  Thank goodness it's preschool day.

Re: Pass the coffee

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2013
    Boo!  That totally sucks.

We had a long, late-for-DefConn night last night.  The kiddo's first choir concert was great.  However, I think it was ridiculous to have 5th-12th grade in one concert.  It was a standing-room-only clusterfuck. We have one of the largest districts in the state, so it was a lot of kids.  Also, I ended up standing on line to get in the auditorium for almost an hour.  Alone. With a 2.5 year old who wanted to 'go home!'

Thankfully, my standing in line got us seats and my parents and IL's were there for the concert and helped with the DefConn wrangling. I told DH that he cannot go OOT on a concert night ever again.  ;) 
  • DD was in a mood last night and it took more than 2 hours past bedtime to get her to finally sleep. And that was with crying it out, bringing her out for cuddles, CIO more, finally when she started sitting up in bed and banging her shoulders against the crib railing I said, "sleep sitting up. I'm not doing this anymore" - 45 minutes later she was passed out.

I ended up having seriously weird dreams and not sleeping very well. Does 5 hour energy work? It might be necessary today.
  • 6---that cat would be in a world of hurt, if it were mine...though Cats are not at all like Dogs when it comes to discipline.  Also....GRRR.  That sucks big time.

Yes, I'd like to soak in Coffee today...I am HANGRY today...I brought extra breakfast food (kale, onions, mushroom and eggs) but I have to actually COOK it and I don't want to.  WAHHHH!!!
  • I'll share my caffinated M&Ms w/ you Dixie:  http://energems.net/product/3-box-variety-pack-of-energems/

Failure to sleep is evil.  And cat piss is evil.
    And kid concerts make me glad my child is to small for them.

I'm apparently all negative today.  I should pop more of those M&Ms
  • 6, is the cat okay?  Seems like this is 2nd time in not a huge time frame?

I had some weird dreams.  I was sleeping pretty well until a huge clap of thunder woke me up.  Took awhile for the adrenaline to go back down.
  • I made a whole pot of coffee this morning.  I usually only have about a half pot, but it's a full pot morning. 

I also opened a bag of Kit Kats and took a couple.  And then I hid them among the other bags of candy so no one else knows they're open.  

• I LURVE KIT KATS!!!

*EAT THEM ALL*
  • FI set his alarm for 4 am to get up and study for an early morning exam today. He decided to sleep till 520 am. Lucky me, I was up at 4.

I did however have one kitty purring and rubbing her head all over my arm when she realized I was awake. The other one apparently decided the newly purchased comforter (that has not been laid out on the bed, just folded and put at the end of the bed for now) was "hers". FI wanted to sleep under it, and finally had to shove her out of the way as she would not budge from "her" new blankie.

• I think I have a migraine starting.  There's not enough coffee in the world at the moment.  

I don't understand why people have cats.

I secretly hope it's thunder storming on trick-or-treat night so I can eat all the candy.  But I also only bought a little bit of candy that I like so that I wouldn't be tempted to do that.

DD's Minnie Mouse costume is all set to go.  She has "Trunk-or-Treat" at my mom's church tomorrow night, and then a costume parade at school on Thursday. I'm hoping that's enough Halloween for her and she won't be upset that it's thunder storming on Thursday night...

• FI set his alarm for 4 am to get up and study for an early morning exam today. He decided to sleep till 520 am. Lucky me, I was up at 4.

I feel your pain.  DH is a serial snoozer and it makes me crazy sometimes. Especially on the 4am days. 
  • Thanks, y'all. It's not even 9am and I already hit up the candy bowl that gets left out for today's allotment of candy. And it's not even granny candy, it's the good stuff!

It's FOGGY over here today. Kinda cool! Even more cool in a high rise. DD asked about it, I said it was fog, it's like a cloud, only it's so low, it's on the ground, so you're waking through a cloud. This elicited the horrorqueen shrill scream of excitement. Good thing the fog canned the noise in, so only two houses think I'm dismembering my child ;)
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • @dharmabunny - DD and I had a very similar conversation about fog this morning.  Except we were in the car and fortunately she didn't scream.  She thought it was very cool.
  • @VarunaTT- The last time this happened someone had shut the door to her litter box.  We had a playdate in the basement yesterday.  It's possible she hates people so much she didn't want to go down to potty.  She just had her yearly so I don't think there's anything wrong.
  •  It's FOGGY over here today. Kinda cool! Even more cool in a high rise. DD asked about it, I said it was fog, it's like a cloud, only it's so low, it's on the ground, so you're waking through a cloud. This elicited the horrorqueen shrill scream of excitement. Good thing the fog canned the noise in, so only two houses think I'm dismembering my child ;)
    It was some straight-up Silent Hill in our part of town this morning.

• Pass a cup over this way. DS was up with nightmares last night and of course, I had to pee a zillion times. My anxiety level is high today with work. And DH's family decided to be a giant bag of dicks last night so that's not helping. I need it to be Saturday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards