Not Engaged Yet

Do you see dead people?

tuarceathatuarceatha member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited October 2013 in Not Engaged Yet
I went on a local ghost tour this weekend and heard some creepy/interesting stories about some people of the past. I find myself conflicted about my thoughts on ghosts, and wonder where you stand. So...

- Do you believe in ghosts? If so, why? If not, why not?

- Have you had any paranormal experiences or other happenings you can't completely explain? If so, what happened??

- Have you ever been a ghost for Halloween?

- Have you played with a Ouija board? If so, I'll see you in hell--just kidding.

Re: Do you see dead people?

•  - Do you believe in ghosts? If so, why? If not, why not?

I'm not sure.  I don't NOT believe in them.  And I know a lot of smart, sane people who have claimed to see ghosts.  So, I guess I sort of do...?

- Have you had any paranormal experiences or other happenings you can't completely explain? If so, what happened??

Um... I've never had any run-ins with ghosts or anything like that.  I've had a few intuitive happenings that I can't explain.  I'm really intuitive and sometimes I just KNOW things that I can't explain how I know.  The best example being the morning my grandfather died. 

My grandfather was healthy.  He was going to be 80.  He was living in Portugal.  I was in high school, living at my dad's.  My dad works in international banking, so he frequently would get phone calls on the land line phone from Portugal (for work) beginning at 4-5am.  I always heard the calls, and ignored them, knowing they were for my dad's work.

Well that morning, we got a phone call at 5am, which was not abnormal.  But on the VERY first ring, I was WIDE awake...and I somehow KNEW that grandpa had died.  I told myself I was crazy, and tried to go back to sleep.  About 90 minutes later, my dad came into my bedroom to wake me up for school (He wanted me to go for the day before we got on a plane to Portugal, and wasn't planning on telling me until after school.)  I was already awake and said to him, "Dad...who was on the phone this morning?  Was it work, or did Grandpa die?"  He looked 100% startled, burst into tears, and said, "Grandpa passed away last night."

No.

- Have you played with a Ouija board? If so, I'll see you in hell--just kidding.

I have not.  My mom has one in her house, but I've never played with it.
  • I'm going on a ghost tour on Halloween!! I'm so excited!

Yes, for sure. I've had paranormal experiences. 

Yes. My high school/college boyfriend's house was haunted. There was one bedroom upstairs that I HATED being in. There was always a feeling of being watched. I saw things moving all the time. I was sitting alone in the living room once, and he walked in and asked if I saw her watching me - I hadn't, but he saw the ghost (it was the old woman who lived in the house) was in the corner of living room watching me read. 

My childhood best friend's grandmother lived 500 yards down the same road as this guy, and her house was SUPER haunted. When they bought the house, they had to install all of the electricity & plumbing and everything. My favorite ghost in her house is the man with the tall hat who stands in the bathroom & looks at the toilet. There are a billion stories I could tell about that house. 

Nope.

Yup. I don't think it worked though.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

I believe in spirits, but not "ghosts" exactly.

no, I haven't had any run-ins with ghosts or paranormal stuff like that, but I do like reading about others' experiences.

nope!  I was always a cute animal or something super girly.

no, and we actually are careful not to bring anything like that into our home.
  •  Do you believe in ghosts? If so, why? If not, why not? 

not sure if I had a personal experience perhaps

Weird experience with a ouija board about 10 years ago long story and I'm sure I've told it before on here. Basically someone dead I knew came up on the ouija board ( IE by asking who was there)  so I took my hand off the thing on the board and I was asking questions only I would know and those questions were being answered correctly. If someone can offer an explanation on that please let me know!

no

see above story

I love going on Ghost tours so much fun.  I did one in Williamsburg and in Philly.  I really want to do one in Cape May too.

Anniversary

• Well, I think in reference to the Secret post, if you read it and some of my responses, you know I am a little different than others as far as what I believe and spirituality. I'm ok with that, lol.

I believe that we all co-exist with spirits who have crossed over because I don't believe you go "up" to heaven or "down" to hell, or whatever. I believe that your soul crosses over to another dimension when the physical body has ceased to function. I believe this dimension co-exists with us, but operates at a different energy frequency than most humans can see/feel/touch, etc. BUT, I do believe that some people are born with a sensitivity to this energy, and I believe you can develop a sensitivity to it as well.  Therefore, I do believe that some people can see and communicate with souls who are on the other side.

I have had one situation that I know I was communicating with a soul. My former fiance passed away Feb 1 of 2011. In one of my moments of grief, I shouted at him and begged him to please come to me because I missed him so much and just wanted one more hug and to be told "I love you" one more time. A couple nights later, I was asleep and had the most real "dream" ever. I saw him open the door to my bedroom and I sat up in my bed and asked him what he was doing. He said, I just want to tell you I love you and give you a hug one more time. I know he heard me begging him and he came through for me.

I have seen a spiritual reader a few times who can communicate with souls on the other side as well and have heard from him a couple times. He confirmed things for me that I needed to know.
    I'm on the fence about it, probably because I've never had an actual experience with ghosts.

My ex's parents lived in the only house in town that a murder occured in, apparently something happened to my ex's mom and we were forbidden to go up there, I never questioned it. Also, my little cousin, when he was a little kid he was always sick in the hospital, and one time he was in the hospital bed he told the social worker that someone was in the ambulance with him that didn't help, he just stood there. Everyone was freaking out because they thought someone snuck into the ambulance and did things to him (my mom's family is really paranoid). Finally he said that the man was wearing a top hat, a long coat and a sash, my grandmother freaked out and had my aunt fax a picture of my great-grandfather in the same outfit when he was mayor in the town. Sure enough, it was my great grandfather, I guess he was watching over my little cousin, idk, I still call bologna on the story.

Nope

I did when I was younger.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @katieg520 That is a very interesting perspective. I just finished the book Everyday by David Levithan. Have you ever heard of it? Not the most spectacular read or anything, I just was soo curious what the author wanted the explanation for the main character to be.

Here is the B&N summary of this book: A has no friends. No parents. No family. No possessions. No home, even. Because every day, A wakes up in the body of a different person. Every morning, a different bed. A different room. A different house. A different life. A is able to access each person's memory, enough to be able to get through the day without parents, friends, and teachers realizing this is not their child, not their friend, not their student. Because it isn't. It's A. Inhabiting each person's body.

• I'm on the same perspective as @CocoBellaF.

I believe in Spirits.

Nope, I've been on a Ghost tour in Savannah before and I enjoy hearing about haunted hotels and houses. It's interesting because it's like a history lesson of the town.

Lol no but I think it's adorable to see dogs or little ones dressed up as ghosts. It's hilarious to me actually b/c the costume is so simple lol. IDK why I think it's funny.
    doggy ghost- cute but if I put this on either of my dogs they would rip it to shreads...

No, my friends when we were young used to have one...but I honestly never believed in those.
    I'm a doubter. Though I definitely book it up the stairs from my parents' basement because if I don't something might grab or even touch my ankles and I'll die.

Nothing memorable. This weekend on the tour my BIL swore he felt a pain in temple just before the story teller explained that one of the house ghosts shot himself in the temple. That was weird.

I don't think so. Such an easy costume though. Maybe one day. Like if I were pregnant and felt too huge and uncomfortable for any other costume. Throwing a sheet over my head with holes to see and breath would sound ideal.

A long time ago they were brought out at parties a lot, and I would spend the whole time thinking "Which one of you jerks is pushing this around?"
    I'm on the fence about it, probably because I've never had an actual experience with ghosts.

My ex's parents lived in the only house in town that a murder occured in, apparently something happened to my ex's mom and we were forbidden to go up there, I never questioned it. Also, my little cousin, when he was a little kid he was always sick in the hospital, and one time he was in the hospital bed he told the social worker that someone was in the ambulance with him that didn't help, he just stood there. Everyone was freaking out because they thought someone snuck into the ambulance and did things to him (my mom's family is really paranoid). Finally he said that the man was wearing a top hat, a long coat and a sash, my grandmother freaked out and had my aunt fax a picture of my great-grandfather in the same outfit when he was mayor in the town. Sure enough, it was my great grandfather, I guess he was watching over my little cousin, idk, I still call bologna on the story.

Nope

I did when I was younger.

When my sister was going through chemo, she woke up one morning and asked my mom who was in her bedroom the night before. Of course my mom was like "Uhh, no one!" and my little sister proceeded to describe the man she said was in her room. She said he came over, put his hand on her forehead, and told her everything was going to be fine. My mom got a picture of my great-grandfather and showed it to my sister, and she said "yea, that's who it was." 

*******************************************************************************************

• - Do you believe in ghosts? If so, why? If not, why not?
    Yep. I've had multiple run ins with them.

See above. Multiple. Like lots. My favorite though was the time our 'house guest' threw an antique silver tea pot at my sister's head. We laughed our asses off about that one for days. Other than that one time, he's been completely cordial and leaves when I ask him to.

Nope.

Never, but I did play that 'Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board" game as a kid. Totally spazzed out.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @beanbot2002 oh yea! I remember that game. Remember Bloody Mary?
    I don't. I guess because I've had no experience with it personally and when I hear stories from other people (sorry, ladies), I kind of just want to roll my eyes. 

No.

Nope. 

I played when I was little. It never worked, obviously. 

• I'm with @swazzle on all counts. 
  • I love ghost tours! I've done quite a few but I think my favorite was the one in Galveston I went on a couple summers ago.

I don't really believe in ghosts. I've never had any sort of experience with them but my mind isn't totally closed to the possibility. I've never had any paranormal experience or played with a Ouija board. I've never been a ghost fort Halloween.

• @swazzle if I hadn't had experiences I would be in the eye rolling club. Even to me, it seems far fetched. I don't ever seek out a spirit/ghost, but sometimes shit just happens.

@jenjenniferf YES! That shit scared the piss outta me when I was a kid!

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @beanbot2002 haha I was always like "WHY are we doing this??!"
  • - Do you believe in ghosts? If so, why? If not, why not? I can't decide. I've seen no evidence that they don't exist, but I've also never had a run-in with one either. I definitely think it's possible, though, and love going on ghost tours, etc. Actually went on one in Annapolis on Saturday!

- Have you had any paranormal experiences or other happenings you can't completely explain? If so, what happened?? Nothing really over-the-top, but I did have an EXTREMELY lucid dream that made me think and wonder. I was at my aunt's house for the first time since my grandmother had passed away - she had actually been living with my aunt and her family at the time. I went to sleep that night on the couch in the living room, and from there I could see the front door. In my dream, I woke up on that couch to see my grandmother putting on her nice shoes and the green jacket she always wore and grabbing her handbag. She saw me on the couch and came over and kissed my forehead. Then she turned and walked out the front door.

Usually my dreams are absolutely ridiculous and completely inexplicable, but this one was so normal apart from my grandmother already having been gone. So I like to think of it as her way of saying that she felt better and was ready to go, and that she loved me and wanted to say good-bye.

Nope.

- Have you played with a Ouija board? If so, I'll see you in hell--just kidding. Ha. My mother has repeatedly forbidden me to ever play with one in her home. She didn't have to worry. I find this stuff pretty interesting, but I don't think it's wise to tempt these things out to play.
  • I saw this and I immediately thought of the movie BF and I watched this weekend, Paranorman. SO MUCH BETTER THAN ADVERTISED. Though he had to ruin it and give me a spoiler to make it stay interested and keep watching because they hold out the twist until the very very very end.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I agree with PPs above. If it had never happened to me, I would not believe. In fact, I used to roll my eyes and think "Yeah right." But I think some people just aren't receptive to it, and that's ok too. We are all here for a different purpose.

• BriSox81 said:
    katieg520 said:
    I agree with PPs above. If it had never happened to me, I would not believe. In fact, I used to roll my eyes and think "Yeah right." But I think some people just aren't receptive to it, and that's ok too. We are all here for a different purpose.
    Fact. I am here to eat cupcakes & drink wine. 
    I can definitely get down with the cupcakes... not the wine... definitely chocolate, candy, cupcakes and ice cream! LOL
  • I'm on the fence. I've never experienced anything, but i don't NOT believe in them.

When my boyfriend was little, living in Chicago,  his mom said he'd play in the basement by himself and always be talking.  His mom asked who he was talking to and he said a man with a scary face (I think disfigured).  Well some neighbor had died across the street in a store parking lot and my boyfriend's uncle was showing his mom a picture of the man who had died, and my boyfriend saw it and said that was the man who visited him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Yes I do.  I've had experiences.

Last month, I had an experience where something touched my shoulders, said my name, and right after that a glass exploded in the dishwasher.  We have been having a lot of activity lately, as crazy as that may sound.

Nope. 

- Have you played with a Ouija board? If so, I'll see you in hell--just kidding
    A couple times as a kid at a friend's house.  It never did anything though.  It was just us being a bunch of dumb kids playing around.
  • I went on a local ghost tour this weekend and heard some creepy/interesting stories about some people of the past. I find myself conflicted about my thoughts on ghosts, and wonder where you stand. So...

- Do you believe in ghosts? If so, why? If not, why not?  No, because the whole idea is silly IMO.

- Have you had any paranormal experiences or other happenings you can't completely explain? If so, what happened?? No.

- Have you ever been a ghost for Halloween? No.

- Have you played with a Ouija board? If so, I'll see you in hell--just kidding.  No.  It only moves if someone moves it but acts like they aren't.

• A ghost tour sounds fun!

I believe they could exist. I'm in the "nothing is impossible camp" for lots of things. I feel like I can't prove they don't exist, so they might.

I once thought I saw my grandpa out of the corner of my eye a year or two after he passed (I was at my granparents' house).

Nope.

We used to play at my friend's birthday sleepover in junior high, followed by the movie "Witchboard."  <--IMDB link
  • I have a few, they're weird. 90% of the time when I hear someone else's, I think it's mostly bunk. So, while I do believe in certain things, I don't think it's really a common thing and I think a LOT of people either flat out lie or aren't aware of how powerful mind over matter can be. But I am open-minded in general about this kind of thing and can totally freak myself out.
  • csousa1 said:
    I have a few, they're weird. 90% of the time when I hear someone else's, I think it's mostly bunk. So, while I do believe in certain things, I don't think it's really a common thing and I think a LOT of people either flat out lie or aren't aware of how powerful mind over matter can be. But I am open-minded in general about this kind of thing and can totally freak myself out.
    Dude. Tell some of your stories. How can you NOT believe??

• BriSox81 said:
    csousa1 said:
    I have a few, they're weird. 90% of the time when I hear someone else's, I think it's mostly bunk. So, while I do believe in certain things, I don't think it's really a common thing and I think a LOT of people either flat out lie or aren't aware of how powerful mind over matter can be. But I am open-minded in general about this kind of thing and can totally freak myself out.
    Dude. Tell some of your stories. How can you NOT believe??

I'm concerned for @swazzle, I don't want her poor eyeballs to roll right out of her head :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards