Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

No Bride Bouquet?

Is there anything wrong with bride not wanting/having a bouquet?  I really just cannot picture myself carrying one.  I have had BM tell me that I at least need to have one to throw, but I think that BM is actually the only single woman coming to our wedding (small guest list) so even that seems silly. And I think BM's want bouquets, so I plan to have some for them. But, is it seriously wrong/weird for bride to not have one?

Re: No Bride Bouquet?

• I have never seen a bride without a bouquet of some kind, whether real flowers or not, but it is not wrong to not have one.
  • One of your bridesmaids usually ends up holding it for the majority of the ceremony.  It's really for the walk up and down the aisle and the pics.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've never seen a brides with nothing in her hands, but it's not wrong to not have one. Also, typically brides toss a smaller bouquet, not the one they actually carried. 

There's many more options than just your standard flower bouquet if that's why you don't want one though. 
  • JMalettasJMalettas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2013
     I also don't think I've ever seen a bride without a bouquet. I don't think it really matters though, whether or not you have one, if you don't want one. I had one going down the aisle, (which got handed to my MOH, and then back down the aisle with me, & for pictures, then set on the head table). Other than part of the ceremony & pics, I didn't handle the bouquet at all, until the bouquet toss. (Which apparently is a horrifying experience, for some brides/guests, as I've learned today). (You don't want to know). ANYWAYS, if you don't want a bouquet, then don't have one. You could even think of something, other than flowers, to carry. There's a *bunch* of ideas on Pinterest, you can check out!

Good luck!

*J
  • Not wrong or weird at all. We were going to skip it to save money. It ended up fitting in the budget after all, but it's totally not necessary.
  • It's untraditional, but so are lots of things. If you don't want a bouquet, nix it! You only actually hold it for about 30 seconds, anyway!
  • ElcaB said:
    It's untraditional, but so are lots of things. If you don't want a bouquet, nix it! You only actually hold it for about 30 seconds, anyway!
    That's actually part of my thinking... If I'm only going to hold the thing for a minute or two, why bother?  I'm doing cruise ship wedding and a bouquet is included in the wedding package, so budget and stuff like that isn't an issue... its already paid for whether I use it or not.  I'm not totally against the idea, but the image in my mind of me carrying a bouquet down the aisle just looks silly to me for some reason. 

• orwhatuwillorwhatuwill member
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited October 2013
    I think it is fine! Not having a bouquet (of fresh flowers) will save you $150-250. 

Oops just read that it is included. I'd ask if it could be credited back to your account. If not, take it...and do something cool with it, you've paid for it. Carry for ceremony or not... photos...toss it... 
  • It is unusual, but I don't think it's wrong.
  • I think it will seem wierd to your guests. But they will get over it.  They will probably talk about it for years to come. LOL
  • Nothing wrong with not having a bouquet.  However, what are you going to do with your hands?  You don't want to fidget so be thinking about how you will hold your hands and arms as you walk down the aisle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards