California-Orange County

Just getting started... help with venue. Want 100 guests but under $4k... possible? :)

Hello,

I am in the beginning stages of planning my wedding and am trying to figure out what venue would work.  As of right now I'm trying to gather pricing information and options.  

I am planning for the spring or summer of 2014.  I prefer a venue that can hold 100 guests for a ceremony and short reception including hors d'oeuvres and a couple rounds of alcoholic drinks - perhaps late morning or early afternoon.  Dates I have in mind are 2/14/14 (would need to be later as this is a Friday), 3/29, 3/30, 4/26, 4/27, 6/7, 6/8, or any weekend in August.

I am trying to keep the cost down as much as possible.  I would like to ideally keep it to under $5k including flowers, gratuity, alcohol, etc.  I have someone that can take my pictures already.  I am also okay to skip dancing/dj.  

Any suggestions?  I've heard of people getting married at a park and then walking a short distance to a restaurant.... Anything else? :) 

Please let me know if you have any options that would work.  

Thank you!

Re: Just getting started... help with venue. Want 100 guests but under $4k... possible? :)

• Valentines day will never be cheaper. Florists are super busy so prices will be higher there. Other vendors will raise prices because it is Valentines. Plus if you move the time later (because it is a Friday) you would need to serve dinner which it doesn't sound like you want to do.

Other than that I can't recommend anything since I have no idea what part of OC you are in.

• I'm not sure if you're still on the hunt, but if you're willing to venture outside of OC, I've just discovered Michael's Tuscany Room in San Pedro. All of the reviews I've found have been great and the cost of lunch is very reasonable and I think it includes the cake. You can have both ceremony and reception there, but personally I would have my ceremony somewhere else. My fiance and I drove by it the other night and it doesn't look like much outside, but the inside is really nice (if only they would remove the silk plants, it would be perfect haha!). We are considering it, but still looking around. If I find anything else comparable I'll post again!

Best of luck, I really applaud you for aiming for a low budget. We're trying to do similar and it's difficult but I hope it will be worth it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards