African American Weddings

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

@{{looks @ leesh, cic, moni, tira and mrs. Mosley!}}

So, all of you brideys who want a piece of history as your wedding album, this is your unofficial reminder to remember to send an invitation to the White House so you can get back a piece of stationery from the Obamas.  Naturally the rsvp is non specific in its response, there's no date, it's a congratulatory decline, so even if your wedding passed or hasn't come yet, not a problem.  23 or so more months.   get it.

Re: 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

• Great idea, i'm on it.  Hey if he happens to be in Chicago at that time, maybe he or the First Lady will drop by :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You know what luvie?  I would highlight that part of the suite in yellow magic marker lol, ain't like he don't know where your venue is.  Tell him it makes a great date night and make sure your photographer is super alert anyway  ;)
  • I sent mine to the white house on the 26th of september...I have yet to receive a response...... :-(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  •  

I sent mine to the white house on the 26th of september...I have yet to receive a response...... :-(
    you will sweetness.  between backlog and shutdown foolishness, they might need a minute to get it together.
  • Oh man neat!!! Most diffently on that. Thanks
  • Oooooo. Im mailing mine Monday. Didnt think of that!
    Mrs. Mosley 2 be
  • Yep I sent mine 3 weeks before my wedding and got the response back just in time to display at the wedding !! Everyone was like that's sweet...why didn't I think of that ?! You can also send one to Mickey and Minnie they will send a letter back with a small souivner (sp)
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    thanks for that @sultryzulu .. you are great .....date twin @MissusD1116.. i did it tooo I sent mine to them when I sent my other invitations out around labor day and I havent heard anything yet.. maybe I should send another one :/.. I sent the one to mickey and Minnie and I got a post card back from them pretty quickly.

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • LeciaB said:
    thanks for that @sultryzulu .. you are great .....date twin @MissusD1116.. i did it tooo I sent mine to them when I sent my other invitations out around labor day and I havent heard anything yet.. maybe I should send another one :/.. I sent the one to mickey and Minnie and I got a post card back from them pretty quickly.
    Labor Day!?  Wow!  That was a long time ago!  I thought I would have it in time to display at the wedding but oh well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • I said if and when i send my invites id definitely include The Obamas and Mr and Mrs Mouse LOL

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• I will have to do that. Thanks! I heard about the Disney thing but this is new to me
  • @ leesh, mwah. lol.

hey can somebody send in an extra one for me?  it's my only opportunity to have an african president's stationery.   <-- totally serious.
  • LeciaB said:

Labor Day!?  Wow!  That was a long time ago!  I thought I would have it in time to display at the wedding but oh well.

Government shutdown has gotten many of us (I'm a fed) playing catch up. If you sent your invitation immediately before or during the shutdown, you'll have a delay.

Now, Mickey and Minnie? They receive invitations too?

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• Dougie your double dutch game all messed up! Bro this where you jumpin in? LOLOL!!
  • Yeah, I'm a day late and a dolla short, but I want a card from Mickey and Minnie.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• thanks for the reminder for Disney and Obama 
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards