Wedding Woes

And this one is married to a dick.

I hate scary movies.  DH will make gentle fun of my scaredy cat rep, but he'd never make me watch a horror movie.  He'll watch them on his own or go to the movies with a friend (the kiddo's also getting into scary movies too).

Dear Prudie,
Every year my husband and I have the same argument. My husband loves scary movies and wants to watch one each year on Halloween after we put the kids to bed. Scary movies just aren't for me. When I watch them, I feel anxious and terrified. I have nightmares and end up spending the next week afraid to be alone in the house. He thinks I should suck it up. He says he doesn’t care for romantic comedies, but he watches them with me. He doesn’t understand there’s a difference between sitting through a movie that may not be your favorite, and subjecting yourself to a frightening and disturbing experience. I've suggested that he watch his favorite scary movies alone while I do something in another room, but he says that’s no fun. Who's right?

—Not So Happy Halloween

Re: And this one is married to a dick.

• Wow.  I'm glad DH and I both agree that we don't like scary movies.
  • Mr. Kuus is like this woman.  We just don't watch scary movies.  This guy is a dick.
  • My husband loves scary movies, he understands I turn into a chihuahua when watching said scary movies. 

I solved it by reading the wiki of particular ones he still wants to see.  Then telling him afterward I did do.  BAHAHAHAHA!
  • What an assbag. H doesn't like scary movies, so I go without him, or watch in another room. How hard is it to be alone for two hours, dude? 

• I've suggested that he watch his favorite scary movies alone while I do something in another room, but he says that’s no fun.

This makes him extra dickish.
  • baconsmom said:

What an assbag. H doesn't like scary movies, so I go without him, or watch in another room. How hard is it to be alone for two hours, dude? 

This. Seriously, she watches sap in one room, he watches gore in another. Not. Hard.

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards