Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Dilemma? Good sign? You Decide!

I just got engaged two days ago and both my fiance and I agree we would like to get married next year either summer or early fall...( we've been together for almost 6 years) BUT my best friend who has been engaged since 2012 is deciding she wants to get married in fall 2014...granted im her maid of honor and she's mine...is this something thats do-able or frowned upon...my other option is may of 2015 for my wedding......thoughts???

Re: Dilemma? Good sign? You Decide!

• Options
    Congratulations to you and your friend! As long as you don't get married on the same day, you can be in each other's weddings, no problem. Each of you gets one day for your wedding. You don't have to get married after your friend because she got engaged before you did - I know you didn't say that in so many words, but it is kind of written between the lines.
  • Options
    Thanks!! For the encouragement, yeah thats kinda what I was getting at :) I was just wondering about all of the planning stress! I just didn't want to be overwhelmed and what not, but I guess thats what I have family and other bridesmaids for, right?!
  • Options
    And a FI - don't forget that it's his wedding, too, and he sure as hell should help!
  • Options
    It could actually be beneficial for the two of you to be getting married so close together. That way, you're both going through the process together and can help each other out more. Anyway, good luck with it all!
  • Options
    As long as your friend is okay with sharing the limelight, then it's not a problem at all.  Me and my best friend actually had this conversation ourselves as we both got engaged very close to one another.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards