Nevada-Las Vegas

Vista Suite (Mandalay Bay)

So for the last 10 months I have searched this board and everywhere else I could think of to get information on having a reception in the Vista Suite. For those of you doing the same right now, I had my in-suite reception last weekend and wanted to give you some more details.

The suite itself is absolutely gorgeous! It was an elegant, beautiful setting for our party of 40. I was worried that there wouldn't be enough seating and there wouldn't have if I had brought in 10 extra chairs. I counted and if you include bar stools, easy chairs, dining chairs, couches and padded foot stools, there was seating for 20. We added ten chairs that my girlfriend (who lives in LV) had, and it was perfect.  Everyone who wanted to sit, could.

I had wanted to have uplighting to set a more romantic mood but didn't want to spend the money some companies wanted. So instead, we bought 6 purple bulbs and replaced the lamp bulbs with those. It looked awesome. :)

I was also very worried about hauling coolers, chairs, gigantic suitcases with decorations, and catered food through the Mandalay lobby. Guess what? Not one person said a thing except the random guy in the elevator who said "we have to supply our own furniture here?". Lol  Masterpiece Cuisine and Retro Bakery both brought their food and no one questioned us at all.

We brought in $300 worth of alcohol and other drinks. The bar was the perfect size for people to hang out around and had enough room for my two brothers-in-law to play bartender. NOTE: beware the candy, nuts, and alcohol that the hotel leaves in the suite behind the bar. They charge very high prices and if you even lift one of the items from it's slot (which keeps track of the weight of the item), your room will be charged! Of course one of my husband's buddies thought that was funny and kept taking things from the tray.

So as of 10-12-13, I would say the Vista Suite is the PERFECT place for a smaller reception or party. And you just cant beat the million dollar views!!

Re: Vista Suite (Mandalay Bay)

• Im sure A LOT of vista suite brides will appreciate your reviews

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• YES!!! Thank you so much for your review.  I am having my in suite reception on March 22 of next year.  How was the ice situation?  Did you bring your own or use the hotels?  I want to go with masterpiece, but I am just sooooooo fearful! I keep hearing from other brides and masterpiece themselves that they have not had a problem getting the food there, nor problems with mandalay!
  • YES!!! Thank you so much for your review.  I am having my in suite reception on March 22 of next year.  How was the ice situation?  Did you bring your own or use the hotels?  I want to go with masterpiece, but I am just sooooooo fearful! I keep hearing from other brides and masterpiece themselves that they have not had a problem getting the food there, nor problems with mandalay!
    The hotel has good ice makers, the problem is it's difficult to get ice out of them into coolers because the ice drop area is recessed to let you sit a room ice bucket under it.  You'd need some type of long slide to route the ice from the dispenser to a cooler sitting on the floor.  Plus if you run the floor out of ice everyone else will hate you lol.  I'd recommend just picking up a bunch of bags close by and bringing them in in the coolers.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Nice review, Runner61. The same thing happened with the bar/snacks in our suite too. Haha! I can assure you no one was THAT into the CD that was on that tray! 

I'm with VG, mistiqnunu - bring your own ice, which is what I did for my Media Suite reception at MB. I just had my bartender/runner bring some for setting up the bar in our room. I've also heard of some success with tipping a bellboy really well to bring you some from the hotel ice makers in bulk. 

// Little Vegas Wedding blog - click for modern Vegas wedding inspiration, ideas and venues! //
    // Springs Preserve + Border Grill bride, May 2010 //

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards