Wedding Woes
Options

Morning

Did everyone survive Halloween?  How's the weekend looking?

After all the drama we had some rain, but no downed power lines or end of the world episodes.  The kids got candy and had fun.

This weekend I get to try to find someone to fix our good camera.  I get an error message about the shutter.  We have an extended warranty at Best Buy, but I wanted to have a local shop look at it first.  Of course I don't know a local shop.....

I either need DH to kid wrangle so I could build the coat rack or he needs to do it.  I refuse to spend another winter with a mountain of coats.  I also need to clean out the garage.

Re: Morning

• Options

We didn't have many trick-or-treaters because we were under a tornado watch and severe thunderstorm warning, but we hope we'll have more tonight. We mostly spent the evening listening to the wind rearrange our deck furniture.

Tonight, we're going to Rocky Horror at midnight. I'm exhausted from sleep lack though, so I might just leave a bowl of candy on the front porch and go take a nap rather than actually handing out candy. My husband also had the horrifying revelation last night that he has to log into work at 6a tomorrow after we're gonna be out until probably 2:30 or 3a because of Rocky. Oops. He's also on-call all weekend and then all of next week, so thus begins the week of grouchy husband who has to pause his video game and yell 'ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS' when he has to answer the on-call phone :x.

We were going to go try to buy a car for him this weekend, but I don't know if that will happen because of him being on-call. I'm also considering going to a lung cancer walk tomorrow with the dogs.

• Options

Oh and MIL put her foot in it.  There was drama planning a family Christmas with them.  One SIL has to work the night before the party and doesn't think she'll make it.  It's been bothering me that she wouldn't be included so I told MIL it had been bothering me.  Then I suggested we try to do something when she was available- maybe everyone come here for an afternoon and early meal then go to the zoo lights.  We have enough passes that it would be free and I know BIL and SIL go every year and so do we.

Yesterday MIL was here and we were chatting.  Then she gets all eye rolling that BIL suggested we all try to do a meal and zoo lights.  She's going on about what a silly idea it is and then looks at me and I see the light bulb.  "Oh, that was you that suggested it."

Yep.  It was.  I thought it would be easy and free and include SIL.

• Options
    Halloween was quiet.  Just getting last minute prep done.  I'm also running around like a crazy person this morning trying to make sure I have everything for us and the kids.  DH ended up having to go to work today.  BOO! 

Oh and I'm working too.  Fun times.
  • Options
    I had 2 ToTers. It was a bust of a night. 

• Options
    Even my parents didn't get any ToTers.  Called dad, b/c Halloween is his birthday to wish his a happy day and found that out.  Usually their neighborhood is a busy one.  I think maybe everyone went to the indoor stuff this year, there were a lot of them in really cool locations (the art museum) and it was warm and dry rather than windy, rainy and cold.

I'm glad it's Friday.  This weekend is street clean up, a meeting, and bike ride.  Probably the last bike ride of the season w/out having to break out cold weather gear which isn't really fun on a bicycle.  Putting in a new door at one point.
  • Options
    We didn't have any ToTers.  I sent some candy to my sitter's house for her Halloween party she's having today. DefConn wanted to carry the candy and I let him.

When the candy had to be put up, an epic DefConn/Baby Thor meltdown ensued. 
  • Options

There is no school today for an in-service day so we're all still in pajamas.

DH and I have our costume party tomorrow night.  It feels weird to have a halloween party in November, but oh well.  I'm sure I'll get a few looks as we drive over there.

Sunday will be a recovery day.

• Options
    We actually got a few hardcore ToTers. Enough that we ran out of candy (although we were generous to anyone that had to go out in that mess)

Will probably get more candy and hand that out tonight. Other that that, work from home day :D
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

This week has been....I have no words. I'm just glad it is over.

The only bright spot is kids are giving me candy.

• Options
    got TOTers at FILs place. Still had leftover candy. Found out FBIL is proposing to his GF next weekend, very excited! Showed almost FSIL my dress. Going to the Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party this weekend. But not before I finish the work day :(
  • Options
    We had a ton of tricker or treaters. Thankfully, there isn't a ton of candy left. DS had a blast and when he was too tired to walk, he came and handed out candy with me. I'm so glad it's Friday. DH has to work late tonight so it's me and the boy.
  • Options
    We did a trunk or treat with the bean and niece, then came home and sent niece out for toting in the neighborhood. The Bean was super tired and went to bed quick. So wet handed out candy, had dinner, hung out with friends, then crawled into bed only to have Bean wake up at 1 and 3 and not want to sleep after the 3 wake up.

I am beat, and now the Bean has pink eye on the end of her croup. Yay. No day care today, and I work tonight, so we scrambled the family together to watch her this afternoon. Blah.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards