Attire & Accessories Forum

Anyone know where I can find these transformer dresses for bridesmaids?

imageimage

Love these dresses, but it seems like Von Vonni is a scam! Anyone know where I can find similar dresses?

Thanks!!!!

Re: Anyone know where I can find these transformer dresses for bridesmaids?

• Dessy also carries their own line of them.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Those never actually work out the way they look in the pictures you posted. Note the fact that all the women in them are thin and that they have had their nipples airbrushed out since they can't wear a bra.

Look, I am slender myself and I cannot wear that kind of dress. They provide no support, the material shows every bump (underwear, nipples, whatever), and they do. Not. Stay. TIED. Seriously. The few I have owned I wore no more than once or twice because I was constantly having to stop and adjust. I got rid of them and gave up on the stupid things.
  • PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    These dresses make my 'tatas' sad! They never look tailored or set properly in real life (especially if you have BMs with larger chest). These will make some of your bridesmaids feel uncomfortable and look saggy even if they aren't! Please reconsider!
  • Jenny Yoo does a line of convertible BM dresses but they are in chiffon instead of jersey and the dresses actually have structure so ladies' boobs won't fall out.

Maybe try those.  I think they come in a short version as well.
  • Thanks ladies! The comments are really helpful! I will make sure to at least try is on myself if I end up choose this dress!
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2013
    Jenny Yoo does a line of convertible BM dresses but they are in chiffon instead of jersey and the dresses actually have structure so ladies' boobs won't fall out.

Maybe try those.  I think they come in a short version as well.
    It does look like these have more support than most so if you go with a convertible style, I would go with this one.  These look like you could wear a strapless bra of some sort underneath or shape wear.  

However, if you decide go with these, make extra sure you ask the BMs for their budget and be prepared to pay the difference if they can't afford this much.  I know I couldn't afford to spend almost $300 on a dress.  My wedding dress cost less than these dresses.
  • My wedding dress is about $500, and I'd like to buy the bridesmaids' dress in case someone back out, and so that I don't have to buy them gifts. My budget for the BM dresses is no more than $50.

I saw posts on other boards and found this dress, thinking about the watermelon one. What do you think? I never even bothered to go to DB or other bridal website, b/c I know everything will be a rip off!

http://www.amazon.com/Hee-Grand-High-Sleeveless-dress/dp/B00D0432VW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_a_2

• sissixin said:

My wedding dress is about $500, and I'd like to buy the bridesmaids' dress in case someone back out, and so that I don't have to buy them gifts. My budget for the BM dresses is no more than $50.

I saw posts on other boards and found this dress, thinking about the watermelon one. What do you think? I never even bothered to go to DB or other bridal website, b/c I know everything will be a rip off!

http://www.amazon.com/Hee-Grand-High-Sleeveless-dress/dp/B00D0432VW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_a_2

Just FYI, buying your bridesmaid's their dresses is a lovely (though unnecessary) gesture but it doesn't mean you don't have to buy them a gift for participating in your wedding. They will be spending time and money to help you celebrate your marriage. You still need to thank them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • I would suggest letting your BMs buy their own dresses unless someone really cannot afford to buy anything.  If that person backs out, the loss is on them, not you.  If you mean you would keep the dress and give it to another girl to replace the BM who backed out, you're not really supposed to do that.  

As for the style you picked out, you should ask your BMs if they are comfortable wearing that style. You may also want to go to a shop and have them try on different styles before buying anything because things look very different on real women than on a model.
  • sissixin said:

My wedding dress is about $500, and I'd like to buy the bridesmaids' dress in case someone back out, and so that I don't have to buy them gifts. My budget for the BM dresses is no more than $50.

I doubt most women could pull that off or feel comfortable and attractive in it.  I know I wouldn't.

• BMs typically buy their own dresses.  A bride can choose to buy her BMs dresses if she can afford to and it is a nice gesture.  David's Bridal has dresses in a variety of colours in a variety of styles.  You can shop by the colour: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Browse_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-All-Bridesmaid-Dresses
    So, I recommend asking your BMs when you are alone with each one of them what their budget is, then go with the lowest budget.  Or, you could choose a certain colour and let them shop for and get their own dresses.  If you are worried about a BM backing out, then you could reimburse her for the dress once she actually backs out.  Also, if you do choose to pay for their dresses, I would still get them a gift.  
  • I've ordered similar dresses from a seller on Etsy. I searched octopus dresses, multiway dresses, infinity dresses, convertible dresses...any permutation I could think of. The seller has a lot of very positive feedback from other brides. We got tube tops in matching colors to provide more support and coverage. My (large chested!) bridesmaids are delighted. They've found the wrapping easy to do. And they're a lot cheaper than $300!

• RebeccaDW said:

I've ordered similar dresses from a seller on Etsy. I searched octopus dresses, multiway dresses, infinity dresses, convertible dresses...any permutation I could think of. The seller has a lot of very positive feedback from other brides. We got tube tops in matching colors to provide more support and coverage. My (large chested!) bridesmaids are delighted. They've found the wrapping easy to do. And they're a lot cheaper than $300!

Um... has any of them kept them on for more than five minutes? I really hope so, because every one I've ever had on has not stayed put as soon as I started moving around...
  • RebeccaDW said:

I've ordered similar dresses from a seller on Etsy. I searched octopus dresses, multiway dresses, infinity dresses, convertible dresses...any permutation I could think of. The seller has a lot of very positive feedback from other brides. We got tube tops in matching colors to provide more support and coverage. My (large chested!) bridesmaids are delighted. They've found the wrapping easy to do. And they're a lot cheaper than $300!

Other brides are saying that they don't stay, and every bump shows. Is that the same case with your BMs, or they've figured out a way to cope with it?
  • I love convertible dresses!! I am a big busted, plus size woman and have bought these from various stores and websites in various price points. The trick to wearing these is pulling the straps tight when you wrap it (not so tight that its painful, but tight enough to stay in place). I wear strapeless bras with mine, and I practiced wrapping the dress before hand.
  • One of my bridesmaids was a bridesmaid in another wedding that used that style of dresses, and it was her who suggested I go that route - so obviously it worked well then. We ordered my sister's/MOH's dress first to check we were happy with it; she wore it for a while (because she was excited about it) and was dancing around in it, etc., without a problem. I was surprised by how long the straps are, but I think it allowed her to wrap really securely.

•  Can you tell me where did you get the dresses? Thanks!
    RebeccaDW said:

One of my bridesmaids was a bridesmaid in another wedding that used that style of dresses, and it was her who suggested I go that route - so obviously it worked well then. We ordered my sister's/MOH's dress first to check we were happy with it; she wore it for a while (because she was excited about it) and was dancing around in it, etc., without a problem. I was surprised by how long the straps are, but I think it allowed her to wrap really securely.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards